WIN 2000 PRO PROBLEM

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

WIN 2000 PRO PROBLEM

Postby danlan02uk » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:50 am

HELLO AGAIN right on my system i am running windows 2000 pro that was upgraded from win 98 se,at start up i get to my desktop and the error message pops up saying"MSWINSCK.OCX" is missing and summit about the registery howdo i re-install or sort this problem out do i have to reinstall 2000 or can i take it of the cd,cheers ya'll ya great
danlan02uk
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Hardware Junkie » Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:34 pm

Visual Basic Control MSWINSCK.OCX

MSWINSCK OCX
Winsock control from Microsoft. This version, 6.0.81.69, is 54k zipped.

Download MSWINSCK.ZIP 54k

Unzip the file and save it to the C:\Windows\SYSTEM folder (SYSTEM32 folder if running Windows 2000 or XP). If an old version currently exists, temporarily rename it or move it to another folder for safe keeping. Now we'll register the control. Click on Start|Run and type:

regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx

into the box, then click OK. The text entered must be exact. It may help to copy from this page to the clipboard and paste it into the run box so there are no mistakes. Click OK. Windows will tell you it's registered, and you are on your way.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:15 am

Thanks for that HWJ, that happened to me the other day, now I know :lol:
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to Operating Systems