XP in a virtual Leenuks enviroment?

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

XP in a virtual Leenuks enviroment?

Postby BrevCampagnolo » Fri May 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Has anyone here run XP successfully on a Leenuks virtual host? If so, did you have any any OS validation problems?
-- Campy

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
BrevCampagnolo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Mr T » Fri May 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Run Win2k, XP, Vista and Win7 in Oracles Virtual Box on Ubuntu... Issues are with 3D acceleration - still at development.. And yes, you have to activate it and then take a 'snapshot' of it after, to keep it 'as is'....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby BrevCampagnolo » Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Mr T wrote:Run Win2k, XP, Vista and Win7 in Oracles Virtual Box on Ubuntu... Issues are with 3D acceleration - still at development.. And yes, you have to activate it and then take a 'snapshot' of it after, to keep it 'as is'....

It's already activated, I'm just trying to avoid learning the hard way that XP senses the virtual environment as a new PC and insists on being re-activated.
-- Campy

BrevCampagnolo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Sat May 28, 2011 2:38 am

It will because it is different hardware as far as XP is concerned. Why is everyone spending hours and hours on going around the few tens of bucks XP license when they can easily fill that with work enough to buy the license. It's really beyond me...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Sat May 28, 2011 4:39 am

evasive wrote:It will because it is different hardware as far as XP is concerned. Why is everyone spending hours and hours on going around the few tens of bucks XP license when they can easily fill that with work enough to buy the license. It's really beyond me...
:lol: No one likes paying for software these days (still), plus M$ products are very expensive... (And then the activation issues, Viruses etc...).... :lol:
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby BrevCampagnolo » Mon May 30, 2011 2:33 pm

evasive wrote:It will because it is different hardware as far as XP is concerned. Why is everyone spending hours and hours on going around the few tens of bucks XP license when they can easily fill that with work enough to buy the license. It's really beyond me...

You're assuming.
-- Campy

BrevCampagnolo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Mr T » Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm

...... And that is why you take a 'snapshot' of the activated system to keep it activated....
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to Operating Systems