Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe

Postby rayzor17 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 am

Hi i have been running this board foe quite a while now nice board does have no probs but 1
BIOS Version 2205
i have 5 sata hds installed and 1 ide Hd i recently bought a second hand scussi scanner and the only drivers i can find are for win xp
so simple ill wipe one of me win7s out and install xp
tried loads od win xp versions to no joy most of the times no drives are found during set up tried the f6 option tried xp with sata support
when it does connect i pick me drive it starts gets to windows set up and stops there
any help or ideas i will be gratefull
strange thing it wont show me ide drive thought that would show at all installs
wnn7 and vista pick drives no problem

cheers
rayzor17
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Mr T » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:42 am

Unplug all the drives leaving just the one you wish to install XP to.. Set the SATA option in the BIOS to IDE (or make sure it is set as such).. Ensure you have the SATA controllers uzipped and on a floppy disc.. Remove the RAM leaving you with 1 stick. Unplug any card readers.. Then try installing XP... (and if you are using an IDE drive, ensure it is set to master)..
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby rayzor17 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:42 am

cheers ill try that altough i have tried quite a few sata drivers on floppy not sure wich is correct one now
rayzor17
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Mr T » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:58 am

If you are using an IDE drive, you don't need to F6 and install SATA drivers... If your XP disc is a genuine M$ one with SP3, have found that again generally F6 and floppy disc is not needed...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to Operating Systems