are we able to load both Win 7 in 32 bits and 64 bits system

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 am

You're getting all new hardware, I would assume. It'll all be supported by Windows 7, only the most ancient hardware won't work properly. There's no test, other than doing the install and seeing what does/doesn't work, then getting new drivers from the hardware maker. Look for new Windows 7 drivers first, get them downloaded and ready to install before hand.

Swapping drives MAY work. The issue is you'll have to install both OS's on the same computer, and you won't be able to put a drive with the 32 bit version in a different computer, or put the 64 bit in. The OS is tied to the motherboard, every time you did that you'd have to reactivate, it's not something you're supposed to do several times a day. You would be far better off installing each OS on the proper machines, and leaving them there. You're risking losing your Windows license when a particular OS install keeps showing up on different machines.

I'm still not quite sure what you are trying to do here.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Operating Systems