Log on Log Off

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Log on Log Off

Postby Spark » Tue May 11, 2010 1:55 am

This concerns Windows XP Pro set to Classic Mode:

Windows is password protected on the concerned PC. At the bottom of the start menu it says Shut Down and when you click to shut down a box comes up with the persons name and a place to type a password and a drop down arrow.

I don't remember it always being like that. I thought at the bottom of the start menu it said Turn Off then it went to the desktop with 3 icons for Standby Turn Off Restart.

This sounds newbie for sure but over all these years I never payed any attention to the shut down view. I think a family member may have touched something.

Any suggestions ???? Thanks

Edit:

Ok I see an icon in the Control Panel called Client Service For Netware. According to Windows CSNW has changed the log on log off procedure. Windows says to uninstall this to go back to the normal log off method, but I don't see where to uninstall it?

Where did this CSNW come from? I don't remember having it before. Was it created when I connected the lappy to the new network?

Do I need this?
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby evasive » Tue May 11, 2010 5:10 am

If you do not have a Novell Netware server running in there you don't need this service.

Uninstall goes by removing it from the network connections.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Operating Systems