XPhome and sp2

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

olly
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post by olly »

Thanks I now have SP2 and USB2
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by TriAngle »

sbrehm72255 wrote:The best thing to do for current and future use would be to slipstream your current basic XP version to SP2. They will save from downloading updates in case of future installs.........;)

http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm
I agree! I slipstreamed all my copies of XP. It's so simple, and much quicker to reinstall the OS if it crashes, and no more downloading updates!
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by evasive »

and no more downloading updates!
:lol:

if you keep your CDs fresh and crispy each week...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Post by Copper »

TriAngle wrote:
sbrehm72255 wrote:The best thing to do for current and future use would be to slipstream your current basic XP version to SP2. They will save from downloading updates in case of future installs.........;)

I agree! I slipstreamed all my copies of XP. It's so simple, and much quicker to reinstall the OS if it crashes, and no more downloading updates!
updates will still be comming out weekly for xp and for a few more years to come
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
sbrehm72255
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post by sbrehm72255 »

Copper wrote:
TriAngle wrote:

updates will still be comming out weekly for xp and for a few more years to come
True, but slipstreaming still speeds things up.........;)
If you have a lot of energy you can always slipstream the updates as well, but then you'd constantly be making new install CD's................ :twisted:
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by TriAngle »

Yeah! I slipstreamed all the latest updates about 6 months ago. So, on a reinstall, I use the slipstreamed CD, then update all the newest updates, which doesn't take long.
Maybe around Christmas when I don't have anything to do, I'll update my slipstream. Or, maybe I'll have another eggnog with scotch.
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire