Windows 10 Pro

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Windows 10 Pro

Postby c327 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Using windows 10 pro on this laptop. Noticed that there are 137 processes listed, this sounds kind of high. I thought it should be in the area of 50ish ?

This laptop is pretty high performance (Sager) but this pc seems slow. Internet service is Fiber Optic at 7.4 Mbps
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Windows 10 Pro

Postby Mr T » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:46 am

My PC is about the same, but is running quick for windows. Disable start up items, shut down and start up and see if that speeds it up.
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Re: Windows 10 Pro

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:45 am

Should be nothing listed in the "Start Up" roster of the "START" menu unless absolutely needed for use.
Windows has bloated itself with start up links to news, weather, movies, and social media pages loading without asking. Not to mention auto-update checks for any program.. not just for Windows.
You could use the MSCONFIG command from START > RUN > then type in msconfig. Use the 'start up' tab to selectively prioritize or deactivate nuisance features. When done, simply type 'exit' to close. Then restart.
Don't disable your anti-virus, firewall or other OS needs!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Operating Systems