HP Pavilion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

HP Pavilion

Postby chuckco » Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:49 pm

I have a 775xl Pavilion with the VT694x-Pegasus MoBo (ASUSTek) (03/30/2001-VT694x-Pegasus). The BIOS ver. is aparantly 2.02 (I Think)? My questions would be is there an quivalent retail board on the market? I would like to know so that I can get a manual for it (even one that is close would be fine) and also for BIOS updating, etc... As seems to be the case from numerous postings HP has been less than forthcoming about this with me.
One of the problems I am having that I hope a manual would address is with my just installed ATI Radeon Video Card. The computer hangs when I try to start it with the S-Video Out cable attached. The ATI site addresses this with the following:

"Check your computer's SETUP (i.e. CMOS) for "shadow" settings related to the video BIOS. An ATI product with TV OUT typically uses a video BIOS that occupies C000 to CBFF. Many system BIOS setup programs assume that the video BIOS is only 32k and occupies only C000-C7FF. If your setup program has a SEPARATE control for the C800-CBFF (or C800-CFFF) range, ensure that it is set to MATCH the VIDEO BIOS (C000-C7FF) region. Try it with shadowing ENABLED and also DISABLED for the entire video ROM space.

If the above step does NOT resolve the problem, then it is likely the result of a system BIOS which will NOT allocate more than 32k of memory space to the video ROM."

Unfortunantly as the manufacturer wont even admit theymake this board much less release information on it I have not had much luck with this issue.

Any Assistance someone can give with the above will be greatly appreciated,
Chuck
chuckco

Postby evasive » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:49 pm

Could you carefully check your Pavilion model number? I think it's XL775.

That one has the Asus CUW-NT, made specially for HP.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/ge ... e=bph06062
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to BIOS