BIOS Flash went fine until the last part...

Moderator: The Mod Squad

BIOS Flash went fine until the last part...

Postby giomontini » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:52 pm

Hello guys and gals, I need a little input from anyone who have similar experience as I regarding flashing BIOS. I recently flashed the BIOS (AWARD) on my K7V-Dragon for the latest version and the flash itself went smoothly without errors (or so I thought) until I got to the part where it says (on the instructions I got from SOYO's website on how to flash the BIOS), "After the flash process is completed, go to the BIOS and Load Optimized Defaults (Load Setup Defaults), then save and exit from the BIOS." I followed all the instructions to the letter (as far as I know), but when I got to the BIOS setup, all choices were greyed out and can not be used. So then I went back to the flash program and reloaded the old .bin file for the time being until I get some answers. Any input/suggestions are welcome. Thanks very much in advance.

System:
WinXP Home Ed.
Athlon 1.4 GHz DDR
K7V Dragon
768MB Infeneon DDR

Thanks,
gio
giomontini
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Hardware Junkie » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:25 pm

Try clearing the CMOS using the jumper or pulling out the battery...should do the same thing...
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby giomontini » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:11 am

Thanks, I will sure try that tonight and will post results.

gio
gio
giomontini
Initiate
Initiate

Postby giomontini » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:08 pm

Thanks for the tip. It worked. So there's your answer, if someone has this type of problem after flashing the BIOS, just clear the CMOS, put the jumper back to original position after a few seconds then reboot. All's well!

Thanks!
gio
giomontini
Initiate
Initiate

Return to BIOS