I-Systems KT-133 Barebone Bios,or BVK1M Mobo;revisited???

Moderator: The Mod Squad

I-Systems KT-133 Barebone Bios,or BVK1M Mobo;revisited???

Postby JGS000 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:04 am

:evil:
I got the $69.00 special at TIGERDIRECT(I-systems KT-133 Kit)Given to me because it failed on an XP set-up. I did find 2 posts by codeblue and black orchid at this site, but did not help much.

I want to reflash the BIOS, so I am looking for latest Bios, plus any previous BIOS to try and get this working.I would like 2 BIOS revisions, if possible:

I was told that when you get this Windows XP set-up error("IRQ not less than or greater");that you can reflash the BIOS with an older version to get it to boot, then flash again with the current BIOS.
Any OS i try crashes during install with a Winset.exe error or something like it.Can't get any OS to install on this thing.
Any Help? thanks.James
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I never met a PC I didn't like
JGS000
Initiate
Initiate

Postby evasive » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:18 pm

Manual and drivers:
http://www.isys.com.tw/download/i2k-KT133s/

off to hunt for bioses.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:28 pm

What is your current bios string?

Something similar to

04/01/2000-8371-686A-6A6LKB09C-00
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

No Boot at all!

Postby JGS000 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:18 am

Sorry I took so long to reply, had to find a proccessor.

This Box will not even boot up. I am using an old PCI graphics card in it, and I can't get any display. I do know this is the procomp BVK1M, sold as an I-Systems KT-133 barebones system from TigerDirect. I can't find any thing else.
P.S.- thanks for the manual & driver link. I need to find a BIOS and make an Auto boot flasher, I guess. I think the Guy that had it before me might have flashed the Biostar MK7A BIOS onto it.
I will try an AGP card on it, but it will take a while for me to find one.

Anyone actually revived a Board from this Win XP IRQL not less than or greater than error?. I have heard a lot of stories, but never anything that has actually worked.
One forum had an ECS board that worked after they disabled ACPI in BIOS, another fellow told me to flash an old BIOS onto it, then Flash the current Bios.
JGS000
Initiate
Initiate

Postby evasive » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:55 pm

Win XP IRQL not less than or greater than error: usually a new stick of branded memory will do the trick for that one.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby JGS000 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:59 am

Thanks for the tip, Evasive.
I have a new stick of PC133 in it, still no display.I know for a fact that the system was booting and working oK until XP was installed. Then the IRQL error happened, and we tried to put Win Me, and Win 98SE on it. got that winset.ini or winset.exe error during install, and could not get an OS onto it. the "guy" took it and was going to try and flash the BIOS. A couple of weeks later, he gave it back to me to play with.That is where we sit to date. I put an Athlon 1.2G/200 processor on it, new 256MB PC133, and the old S3 Diamond 4MB PCI card. I am still looking for an AGP card to try(I think that's why I get no display).
If I get it to post up, I'll let you know the Bios string. Meantime, Do you have any other suggestions? Can I flash the BIOS without the machine posting, or no display?
JGS000
Initiate
Initiate

Postby evasive » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:29 pm

Until you actually know what it is, I'd leave it alone. If you use the wrong bios you may be in for a new chip and no way of knowing what bios to put on it...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to BIOS