BIOS upgrade for my computer

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Copper » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:04 pm

tslok wrote:Everything is done! I downloaded the latest BIOS and successfully loaded the new BIOS into my computer. Thanks and appreciate everyone help. :)

im glad it was successfull and your very welcome
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Bios update

Postby eshelmand » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Do you have the link to the bios update on the DFI motherboard?

I thought I hac a PA61 but according to the info on this thread it is a CA61.

thanks
Dale eshelman
Kansas city, MO USA
eshelmand
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:03 am

We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Paul_100 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi,
I'm hoping you can help me with any info regarding a BIOS update for the DFI CA61 Rev B.1 mobo. A friend recently asked me to setup XP on their computer, with this mobo installed. I have a reasonable amount of computer knowledge and skill, so I thought this wouldn't be a problem.

They had ME installed, so I just formatted their HD to NTFS using the XP CD and went through the whole setup. I thought everything was ok until the reboot after the initial setup, when all I got was a black screen telling me the operating system was missing. I thought it might be their HD, so I tried a spare one of mine, with the same result. I thought their computer might have a problem with XP, so I tried Win 2000, seeing as they had ME on it before. This only gave me the same result as XP, so I thought upgrading the BIOS may help and that's when I came across your forum regarding this mobo.

I've tried the link to the DFI website you have posted, but either they've removed their downloads link, or I just don't know how to navigate their site. Any help or advice regarding this would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Paul_100
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Paul_100 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Sorry guys. I just had another look at the DFI site from your link and I think I've found what I needed. Persistance pays. Thanks again, yours is the only site I found that was of any real help.
Paul_100
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 am

This is partly because nobody is afraid of asking questions they think are stupid. Because we have the policy that the only stupid questions are those that were never asked, we have a lot of info not found anywhere else...

You're welcome and have fun setting things up. And learning from it :)
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to BIOS