question before bios upgrade

Moderator: The Mod Squad

question before bios upgrade

Postby jrcblb » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:32 am

i have a abit ax8 MB that is slow when both sata drives connected-see my post in tech support- so, to try and help/fix this i feel the latest bios could be a starting point as this is a new build(even through the board is more than 4yrs old). what happens when i boot in dos, using the suggested trail from abit, i get the A:\> then i type runme and this prompt comes up-(and this is just like it reads,no typo)
"Please make sure of the following
1) You have made a CLEAN boot from your Floopy disk, i.e. No autoexec.bat and config.sys files are loaded.
2) The BIOS file you are trying to upgrade is correct for your board,otherwise you will get the unknown failure.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure the current PC system is pure without any resident program
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Press any key to continue... "

ok, this maybe normal to others here but i don't know, because you must install on the floppy the autoexec.bat and config.sys files when you make the floppy a start up disk(as per the abit instruction). so do i press any key and we good or do i have to do this some other way?
thanks for reading. :mb_pcmad::
Joel
jrcblb
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:54 am

what they mean by that it is important you have not loaded any device drivers or memory managers as they may interfere with the bios flash program. Since you made that floppy disk per abit instructions, hit the any key.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby jrcblb » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:37 pm

worked just fine, thanks.
Joel
jrcblb
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to BIOS