ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MotherBoard and BOIS date setting saving

Moderator: The Mod Squad

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MotherBoard and BOIS date setting saving

Postby zillah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi

I just installed new ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MotherBoard , when I tried to change the date in BOIS , The problem pressing F10 (key button) would not work,,,,,,,,,,while I can save (F10) any other changes within BOIS without any problem.

I though problem with KB,,,I replaced it still I can not save it

Thanks
Last edited by zillah on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zillah
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
If the closing page on the BIOS notes to 'press F10' to save and exit, then the process should work. Otherwise, you opt for the line of choice on the main menu page to exit, and when prompted to 'save' settings, press "Y" for yes.

BIOS settings will not be retained unless the BIOS battery is in the circuit and working. Almost all mobo types will have a jumper with three pins, and a small pointer at pin #1. Pins #1 and #2 are the 'normal' position, and pins #2 and # 3 are for clearing the CMOS memory. A lot of new mobos are shipped with the jumper in the 'clear' position. Ensure the jumper, if present, is in the 'normal' position.

If you still have problems, try a known good battery. Rarely will you get a dead BIOS battery with a new mobo, but it does happen! If you still have problems, do an RMA (Return Merchandise Agreement) with the vendor.. the board may be defective.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby zillah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi

If the closing page on the BIOS notes to 'press F10' to save and exit, then the process should work.

Yes it notes to press F10.

Pins #1 and #2 are the 'normal' position, and pins #2 and # 3 are for clearing the CMOS memory. A lot of new mobos are shipped with the jumper in the 'clear' position. Ensure the jumper, if present, is in the 'normal' position.

Right now I have got only the manual for this new mobo, it says :
Clear RTC RAM (CLRTC)
,,,,,,,,,,,,Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I will check that as well with motherboard.
zillah
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to BIOS