HP Asus M2N68-LA bios

Moderator: The Mod Squad

HP Asus M2N68-LA bios

Postby HPAsusM2N68LA » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:54 pm

I have an HP a6230n computer. The motherboard is made for them by Asus.
It is a M2N68-LA Or HP Narra2-GL8E. Since they use the same basic MB in a lot of different models of HP and Compaq computers can I flash the bios to say a Narra3 type that supports also the Phenom type CPU's and also will the Raid functions work? I know that the Nvidia Nforce 430chipset supports it.
How about overclocking functions?
Thanks for any input!
HPAsusM2N68LA
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
Specs page link:
You may void your warranty by using a BIOS version or type not supported by the vendor! Check the vendor's site to see if there is a later BIOS version than used.
Even if the mobo is made by another company, and there are identical in-house models, the BIOS may be configured specifically to that OEM intent.. and have more or fewer features than the parent model.
As to any over clocking ambitions, the memory has to be capable of sustaining the higher FSB speeds. Best to have a high-quality memory type that is rated for the next higher speed range. But the CPU itself has cache memory which may falter at higher speeds.
But the motherboard chipset design must support a higher-end processor to begin with. If not, you may end up with no response at all.. and damaged components. Use only what the manufacturer recommends.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to BIOS