How to access BIOS

Moderator: The Mod Squad

chrisgritz
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

How to access BIOS

Post by chrisgritz »

Hey guys well i got a new comp from my friend, he didnt use it so he let me have it. Well when i turn on the comp a Intel splash screen pops up but it doesnt say to press any buttons to access BIOS ive tried everything, does anyone know?
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Karlsweldt »

Best to provide full info on the system, for a better suggestion.

Most common access key is the [del] one.. just after you note the single beep or see the keyboard LEDS flash the second time. Keep pressing it repeatedly for a few seconds.
Not all mobo types use the same key to enter the BIOS. Some require the "F1" or "F2" or "F10" key be pressed at a specific time.
And some mobos have a jumper to prevent access to the BIOS. Check the mobo manual.
[email protected] to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
SanDiegoPaul
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by SanDiegoPaul »

Karlsweldt wrote:Best to provide full info on the system, for a better suggestion.

Most common access key is the [del] one.. just after you note the single beep or see the keyboard LEDS flash the second time. Keep pressing it repeatedly for a few seconds.
Not all mobo types use the same key to enter the BIOS. Some require the "F1" or "F2" or "F10" key be pressed at a specific time.
And some mobos have a jumper to prevent access to the BIOS. Check the mobo manual.
Good stable advice there. :o