FIC ASPEN2 motherboard

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

FIC ASPEN2 motherboard

Postby thebully » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:18 pm

Problem is, I know the ID of the board....but I cant find a manual to save my life.... It will say this is a SD11 but the manual i found for the SD11 isnot for the ASPEN2... this board only has 2 slots for ram and is green..... Any Help is great.... thnx
thebully
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:08 am

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thebully » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:41 am

TY for your quick response... DID any of the links you provided lead me to a Manual...cause I may have over looked it.... I assume i can use the links for the SD11 for upgrading the BIOS.... But the Manual for the SD!! is different than the ASPEN2 and I dont know where to hook up the case jumpers to because they differ.

thnx again,
bully
thebully
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:56 am

Yes there are minor differences between the retail SD11 and the Compaq OEM version including the front panel pinout.

It is not recommended to use the FIC SD11 bios on the Compaq Aspen2 board.

http://www.igs.net/~ndaines/Qfiles/aspen.html

I cannot find a front panel pinout diagram for the board but maybe one of our resident Compaq guru's can.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thebully » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:44 am

OK....I've been told Im screwed twice now....here are some pics, If I can figure out how to get power to the switch to turn the thing on....I'll be a happy camper....I've been told its PROPRIETARY.

ImageImage
thebully
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby thebully » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:28 pm

OK....more pics. Its looking like I really need a couple jumpers for a compaq case and just do some fancy rewiring.

ImageImage

Anyone know where I can get Jumpers J1 and J4...cause I would love to use the usb ports on the front of the case too. :D
Last edited by thebully on Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebully
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:01 pm

Look at the front panel pinout in the SD11 manual, the pinout is the same on your board except that pins are missing.

Pins 13 & 15 should suffice as pins for the power switch and pins 7 & 11 should suffice for power LED (11 being +). There is no provision for reset or speaker (Compaq don't have these) and earth pins are missing for HDD LED, sleep LED & sleep switch. I would guess that the Compaq button board uses a common earth for these items, possibly pin 7 or 13.

That's my guess. :lol:

Aussie
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: FIC ASPEN2 motherboard

Postby NiPPonD3nZ0 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Hello!

this is an old post, but this old stuff sometimes is needed!

I have a FIC SD11 ASPEN2 motherboard and was crazy looking for the correct front panel pinout...
I have the original Compaq Presario 5831 tower, but the front panel wires had been spliced, so it woulf be possible to use the tower with another mobo...
But now I want to put it back together, and could not get the proper info anywere, so I decided to get it working like it should, and put together this picture so it can be viewed by anyone who could need the info too.

compliments from Portugal!

Edited by Karlsweldt..
Be careful about certain words used in posting! There are young viewers reading these posts.
Could be offensive. Took out the controversial words. ..K.
NiPPonD3nZ0
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Toby B. » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks for the info, til now we only had:
http://www.ctechinfo.net/images/motherb ... pen_FP.php

So the question is... you setup works??
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby NiPPonD3nZ0 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:35 am

Yep, it works like a charm... The colors i'be used on the pins match the compaq wire colors on the front panel microboard, with the leds and the switch.

The microboard has 2 leds, the power led is bicolour, so it acts has power and suspend led, the hdd led and a switch.

I have allmost the complete pc, chassis (Compaq presario 5831), Aspen2 mobo with AMD K7 500mhz and the original 3DFx VooDoo 3 1000 16mb, but cannot find the original sound and network card, and the original hdd died a few years ago...

Sorry for my harsh words, will behave myself from now on :-)
NiPPonD3nZ0
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum