identify i440bx mobo manufacturer! HELP! bios needed!

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby the_ghola » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:37 pm

Help! ... again...

Well I went to flash the BIOS with the file you gave me, but when the Award flash utility (v7.79) went to program the Bios, it gave me this info and the following error message:

For i440Bx - 19981010C-0 Date: 10/08/1998
Flash type - Intel 28F001BX-T /12V

The error message:
"The program file's part number does not match with your system!
Are you sure to program?"

Please evasive, you've been a real help so far, please reply as fast as you can, so that I should know what to do next: Flash or not to flash ... that is the question...

Thanks
(I will be checking this board every five minutes... :P )

If it fails, I should be able to flash it back right? It wont freeze the system on me or anything will it?
the_ghola
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:26 pm

This is where the "at your own risk" part comes in. evasive has provided you with a link to a bios update that is the correct one according to the information you have supplied but it is entirely up to you as to whether you use it or not.

The warning message you are getting is normal when a newer version of the bios kernel is detected so you should be safe to proceed BUT only if you have backed up your old bios first.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby the_ghola » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:56 am

Ok, thanks, I just didn't know if it was a normal message to appear. It's not like I do it every tuesday night...
Expect a post in the next hour or so, if everything as gone ok.
If no post... gene wrong.

Don't worry, I'll bacup first.

See ya later.. I hope! :!:

the_ghola
the_ghola
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby the_ghola » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:39 am

THANK YOU:
Mainly EVASIVE!
and also Aussie, for final clarifications, and Hardware Junkie for attemps, also. :P

But thanks Evasive, you may now certify that file as a official update for my motherboardboard!
Others may follow this post, with sureness that the file provided works, just be sure it's the exact same case (compatible Board, exact same chipset, BIOS string and all).
I got somewhat scared, because after writing the flash, the awardflash program freezed the system, and remained searching the Floppy, and with a messsage saying "Do not Power Off, or Reboot"
but after 15 minutes of panic and not one change, I got myself some courage, and rebooted. Everything is Ok, and I now have 80GB HDD space!
Didn't even restored system defaults, because the password was still there, and everything was the same as before. Just had to autodetect the HDD again.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I'll definatly recomend these forums for everyone, because the best professionals in the field are obviously here!

See ya next time :wink:

... Now... off to install Os!
the_ghola
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:19 pm

Thank you for reporting back, updated the info file and removed the brackets on the page. Until it shows up in the main list, get it here:
http://wims.host.sk/edwin/Jamicon%20650B%201Mbit.zip
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum