Mobo ID

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:39 am

Some positive news from all of this, it just helped solving a mobocop case:
http://www.motherboards.org/mobocop/view/a/7660.html

Looking for "M6 440LX motherboard" brought me that one...

The photo from the actual board is taken with quite a big angle, it's possible the battery is in the spot matching the HOT-637.

quailman87: please check the side of the ISA slot for a sticker and post any numbers found on that.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:57 am

Christ, Evasive how is it when I found an identical picture of the motherboard the poster submited. (HOT 661) - you were saying "good catch" until Tolemac came in and got all wishywashy on the ID. The picture that was submitted by the poster was not at any severe angle. I stand by my original post as the info given in the original ID request was apparently mistyped!!!!

The board that matches the picture submitted IS a Shuttle HOT-661

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Denniss » Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:48 am

If this board really is a Shuttle/Spacewalker there should be a model number silscreened onto the Board between the mainboard edge and the last ISA Slot .
661v31 or 637v1 as examples .
Denniss
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aussie » Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:32 am

until Tolemac came in and got all wishywashy on the ID

Hang on a minute there. For a start it wasn't Tolemac it was me (Aussie) and I didn't get "all wishywashy on the ID" I merely pointed out that the chipset quoted was an LX chipset and the board you posted as a match used a BX chipset.

A visual match isn't always an exact match especially when the chipsets appear to differ.

Please note that my wording was that the board was POSSIBLY a HOT-637 I didn't say that it WAS a HOT-637 this is because there is some doubt over the chipset on the posters board.

I can't be sure of the boards ID because of this and niether can you so there is no point stating that the board "IS a Shuttle HOT-661".

There is also no point in getting all "toey" when someone doubts your post in this forum, it happens quite often even to us "Mobo Fu Masters" so get used to it.

As always what is needed is a positive ID of the board backed by facts and not just a personal opinion and once we have verification of the chipset on the posters board we will be able to give that, in the mean time chill out a bit.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:50 am

:oops: A big appology to Tolemac. I am very Sorry about the mixup. :oops:

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:51 am

Just to shed some more doubt on the whole situation, the board markings on the Shuttle board does not match the one in the photo. It matches the shuttle board Aussie posted, but the battery config is off...
(Just undernearth the Slot 1 processor is a table for configuration....looks like a white square in the picture)...

However, there is a possibility the board markings could have changed from a different Rev...
Last edited by Hardware Junkie on Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:02 pm

It's not even sure it is made by Shuttle.

quailman87: you really need to help us out here by posting anyhting that looks like a type number and is printed on the board surface...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum