Assistance Identifying Revision of Motherboard

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Assistance Identifying Revision of Motherboard

Postby Smack2k » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:41 am

Hey all,

Brand new to this site...looking forward to using it a lot in the future!

I have a DTK 486 Motherboard I am having issues finding documentation on.

The Board is labeled as a DTK PKM-0038A board. I have looked around and cant find anything on this particular revision of the board. Stason.org has a bunch of the PKM-0038 models listed but not the A and none of the others have the exact same layout as this one does.

Mine looks a lot like this one - http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboard ... AT-39.html - but my board has the keyboard controller at the top of the board and not next to the BIOS and there are no jumpers to the left of the VLB slots (there is nothing next to the slots as the board ends about 1/2" past the VLB slots) or to the right of the processor. Instead, most of the jumpers are bunched to the left of the processor. The other difference is that my TAG chip is a little more centered above the rest of the cache chips. Outside that the rest of the board is just like that one.

I am trying to ideally find the manual for this, but even just finding all the jumper settings would be great.

Appreciate any help that can be given!
Smack2k
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Assistance Identifying Revision of Motherboard

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:59 pm

There were several revisions of that motherboard, from a quick search I did. http://www.stason.org/ has an extensive library of older motherboard types. So too does one of our Administrators.. http://www.elhvb.com/
Moving features about may improve performance, creating a shorter data path.
What chipset type is used on that board? Socket type 2, 3 or 4?
Could have been that just the DTK brand is on the motherboard, it was made by another company.
If you can get it to come to life, look in the lower left corner of the first video image for a string of characters. That is a positive ID of the motherboard, BIOS and build date.
A caution with any older motherboard having the 12 contact power connection.. always ensure the BLACK wires are at the center of the connection!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Smack2k » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:19 pm

All the revisions is what I was referring to...but none on Stason or on the other site have the PKM-0038A revision of the board.

Stason has a bunch of other revisions of it, but not the A. Its definately a DTK board as the number alone matches the other DTK boards (PKM-0038) just not the revision number of A...

I will try to get it booted up, but wanted to find the jumper info on it before I moved forward, and I cant use one of the other revisions as the jumpers vary greatly from revision to revision...

On the other site I dont see any DTK boards.
Smack2k
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:56 am

What brand is the chipset? Is it possible to send a high-res picture to elhvb@outlook.com or post it online somewhere?

DTK boards many times have a Gemlight equivalent board. Maybe we can go that route. The GMB-486SG/PKM-0038S is quite common, that has a SiS chipset. If you have on that ends in A I would expect it to have an ALi chipset. Correct?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:57 am

I am going to have an educated guess here and say it's matching the GMB-486APS board. Manual for that is here:

http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/G ... aps100.pdf
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum