Complete info, manual and BIOS update for 650B-ATX

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 am

I think there is some sort of bios patch program that can add more CPU for this generation of board, that is if it's an Award bios. I'll see if I can find time to get/patch this thing...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby testmemem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Eh, the true source of problem was voltage regulator (HIP6004ACB) which can't make voltages below 1.8V... I just set the voltage jumper on MS6905 to 1.8V and it's works fine. If set to 1.75V, the board won't start. The old stuff and its limitations, obviously I would better with Asus or ABit mo-bo's than cheap non-branded crap. :roll: But you know, in my country these good old boards are expensive even today (something like overpriced AWE64 Gold on ebay). :mb_laugh7::

@evasive: Any help will be appreciated, but everything (at moment) works. In POST screen my Celeron 800 is detected as PENTIUM III-MMX at xxx MHz. I will try with 1GHz Celeron to be sure it works. :) Yes, it's Award 4.51PG.

@Karlsweldt: The manufacter of my 650B claims that newer Intel CPU with 133 MHz FSB are supported by board (I can set the bus to 133 MHz too). Only thing to do is find and buy PC-133 BX compatible. :D
testmemem
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Previous

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum