access the harddrive?

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

access the harddrive?

Postby hw2002 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am

hello,

i brought this motherboard kind like raspberry motherboard, but i dont know how to format the harddrive and install other linux os.

Can anybody help me :)

I can plug keyboard and mouse into both usb i have available, but i cannot see any sign of the mouse arrow, and nothing happens when i tab on any keys on the keyboard.

The only thing I see on my screen is a picture of "browser cannot display the webpage".

Before going to the "browser cannot display the webpage" i see only a logo "entertainment".

If you need any more information please ask :)

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/img0283le.jpg/
hw2002
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 am

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
By default, the USB ports may not be activated.. and you have to connect a standard PS2 port keyboard to access the BIOS pages. On one page you will find a control option to enable "legacy USB features". Ensure this is active. Otherwise, any device on a USB port may not be found until after the OS is active. Ensure all other pages of the BIOS are set according to how the system is set up.. and that no devices are duplicated, such as an audio card or video card instead of on-board features. Disable a modem setting, if not used.
As to formatting a hard drive, insert the OS install disk in the optical drive, and follow the prompts. The present standard is NTFS format, which can be done in a few seconds, or the 'default' format which could take many minutes. Might take about 1/2 hour to near an hour to fully install an OS.
No, you will not see any 'web pages' until after the OS is fully installed and Internet features have been set up.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Where did you bring this from? Do you have any idea at all what this thing was used for? I cannot even see a connection for a monitor or panel in there so how is this connected?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum