Please Help Identify Motherboard

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Please Help Identify Motherboard

Postby Drenkhahn » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:03 pm

I just got this motherboard, used.

It says UWAVE2 between the PCI slots.

There are stickers all over it with various numbers. I have not been able to locate a FCC #. Which of the numbers on the board will tell me what I need to know. I looked them all up on google and got nothing in return.

At least maybe I can find out where to look for the information I need.

Here a couple of the numbers I found:

KU21813500 UWAVE2

q10111

232148-004

L1A2040

Any help woul be appreciated. Please post and/or reply directly to galvin@swirve.com. Thanks in advance.
Drenkhahn
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:37 pm

Sounds suspiciously like a Compaq board to me, Hardware Junkie may be able to help with this one.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:13 pm

Yes it is. The board is most likely FIC, and I am pretty sure its found in a 4090US machine. I am on vacation until tommorrow so I don't have access to the database.

Let me see if I can find the chipset...might have something to work from then.
Might also be able to open the one in the lab and have a look at it, but that would have to be tommorrow.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Drenkhahn » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:00 am

Also, one more thing (maybe off topic a bit)

1) This board has a 20 pin front panel connector, but my case uses a 16 pin connector. Am I screwed? How do I work around this?

2) There are no audio connectors for my CD rom audio! Whats with that? It was supposed to have "Onboard Audio" Would that not include a place to friggin plug some audio into?

The truth is, Im a newbie at this (gotta learn sometime) I bought this board and I just want to check that it actually is what it was advertizes as. (FIC AZ31, Chipset VIA KT133 & 686A Socket A)-which I think your getting close to verifying.
Drenkhahn
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:15 am

Does it look anything like this then? (ignoring PCB colour).

FIC AZ31.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Drenkhahn » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:18 am

By-GOD we've got it!!!

Thats it! I bought it equipped with a 700Mhz AMD. Im trying to hook it up, well I was. Then I encountered the problems listed above.

Thanks man. So IT IS a FIC AZ31 (doesnt give much on the FIC site about it)

You guys rule.
Drenkhahn
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:25 am

Manual here:-

ftp://ftp.fica.com/manuals/motherboards/az31/

BIOS update here:-

http://www.fic.com.tw/techsupport/drivers/searchbios2.asp?selectedmodelname=AZ31

Not sure that flashing a Compaq board with the OEM's BIOS would work though.

Aussie
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Aussie » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:32 am

The FIC version of the board has CD Audio connectors shown just to the left of the AGP slot in the image above.

The manual should tell you how to make the case harness connections unless Compaq has seen fit to do it differently.

Aussie
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Drenkhahn » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:39 am

Im pretty sure I searched the enire board for those darned 4 pin audio connectors, and didnt find them. The white connectors to the left have only 3 pins, and wont fit the standars audio cale that is connected to my CD ROM.

My last issue;

The front panel connector for the power button and panel LEDs. My case has a 16 pin harness, but the board has a 20 pin connector! Whats up with that!?
Drenkhahn
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Aussie » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:56 am

As far as the case harness connectors go there is no real standardisation in this area most boards/cases have the connectors seperate and not in a single plug. OEM's such as Compaq often use a single plug though and this is probably how the board is setup.

Take a look at the manual to see if the connectors on your board differ to that shown for the FIC version of the board.

Aussie
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum