Help identification and manual

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Help identification and manual

Postby GMC » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:28 am

Hello, i have one old motherboard which i want to use but i don't know how to hook up everything, specially how to boot it. I keep it right now on top of the table so i don't know how to power up because i don't know where are PWR pins on this mother board...

So any manual / diagram is more than needed.

I will show you pictures of it so you can identify it and maybe help me

i46.tinypic .com/2iiiu11.jpg

i49.tinypic .com/2mfkpop.jpg

NOTE: there is space " " between tinypic and .com . (I don't have enought postst to post links.)
GMC
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby GMC » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:03 pm

I forgot to mention that i see on this motherboard this number (i dont know if it helps to indetify)

61H2511
GMC
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:38 pm

61h2569 is more important and it makes this an IBM OEM motherboard from the PC300GL series.
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/supp ... 9n8610.pdf
is as good as it gets I fear.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:51 pm

I have a similar 300 GL tower model, the #6287 (62875AU mobo) version. This is the version with a Slot 1 setup for a Pentium III up to 600 Mhz. Should have drivers around somewhere for it, if needed.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby GMC » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 am

Tnx for your replay.

I read documentation from previous link, but i still don't know how to pwr up this mother board. I don't have any tower for it, so it is on table and i would like somehow to simulate PWR button on those 8-pin front panel - but how?
GMC
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:57 pm

If you have a Via chipset on that board, then my Intel driver set would not work.. and the connections for the FP would be different. The Via 4-in-1 driver set is available readily, which would cover most models. Via 4-in-1 drivers:

Look on page 290 of that PDF file evasive linked to. That would be model 6565/6566. If you find a small socket in front of the power connector with 8 pins, that would be the front-panel controls (noted as #6 on the previous page diagram). Perhaps the pins have the same functions as on another similar mobo model. The extreme right pair would be for the hard drive activity LED, the next pair to the left would be the power LED. The two pins on the extreme left would be the power on connection. Use the blade of a small screwdriver to momentarily bridge the two pins on the left (about 1 second). The mobo should power up, and allow going into the BIOS. The BIOS should auto-detect all settings and features except for time/date. If the BIOS pages do not automatically start, press the 'F1' key repeatedly on powering up.
To shut down the system, bridge those two left pins for longer than 5 seconds.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum