Toshiba P35-S6112 Motherboard - HannStar

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Toshiba P35-S6112 Motherboard - HannStar

Postby PhxBBall » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Looking for a HannStarr motherboard to replace mine that seems to have taken a power spike. The DC power jack seems to be the issue, I replace, worked good for a few weeks, than would not turn on, opened up and noticed that part of the board where the power jack is, was melted. Would like to replace motherboard, everything else on board was working.
PhxBBall
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby fussnfeathers » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Well, if you're looking to buy one from somebody here............wrong forum. You need to post this in the Buy Sell Trade forum down below. Otherwise, your best bet is really going to be eBay, look for the same machine that has some other problem. Has to be the same model.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby PhxBBall » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:20 pm

I would like to know if there is a way to repair the board, or a test to power up the board. I tested the power within the board, but nothing runs after I put it all back together. Is there a person that has had same issue, and what was done to correct the DC jack problem? Can I hardwire the power coard from the adapter to the motherboard/ To find a motherboard, from another laptop, probable is not the issue. A newer laptop, but I would like to rebuild this one...
PhxBBall
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby fussnfeathers » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:25 pm

:roll: http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

That's the Tech Support forum. You already know what your motherboard is, hence no need for Motherboard Identification. You'll get more response if you post the question there.

As far as repair.......probably not. But we're going to need more info than that to determine what could be wrong. Could be something as simple as you put the CPU heatsink on wrong, and the machine won't boot to prevent overheating and damaging the processor.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby PhxBBall » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Thank you, will post info there. Only thing that was replaced on motherboard was the DC jack adapter.. Ran good for a month.
PhxBBall
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum