MFG of MoBo P-II SBC VER G3N 620-G3A

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

SBC 620 G3

Postby skymouse » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 am

I have several of these, I cannot get the video to come out the internal port to my LCD. It may be stuck in BIOS. I have my old one that works and have set the jumpers the same. Any Ideas?
skymouse
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby pbailey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:10 pm

This board may be to old for the resolution to work on a newer LCD. I ref this artical on MB.org:

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... 6ec05a3db3

You also my have a proprietary board!
The day you stop learning, is the day you die!

Paul
pbailey
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:51 pm

@skymouse: did you check if you particualr LCD is supported by this board? I seem to remember only a very small range of LCDs can be fitted to these internal ports and they are sometimes only supporting one model.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby skymouse » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 am

Thanks to both the suggestions, yes I have read that article, it is what I found on dogpile search that brought me here and joined you, good info. But mine like his is an older machine and has been working with a board exactly the same as what I bought. It is an industrial computer, 800 mhz, 512 meg ram, 33 gig SCSI 320 Ultras, the LCD has worked on it with the 620-G4 board for 8 to 10 years now, some at the start had Windows NT, then they used Windows XP. I did buy some G1, G2, G3 boards, those may not work, but the G4 is identical down to the ports and chipsets on the board.
I have many of these to look at and compare. A quick solution would be to use some other board for video, the port on the board in the picture is the white connector under the floppy, have you seen that type or know what its called? I have PCI and ISA slots free to use if I could work around the video.
skymouse
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:57 am

I suppose you already checked your problem LCD on a known working SBC?

That is an LCD port and there is no standard for it. Each and every SBC manufacturer is free to choose the pinout and what types of LCDs they chose to support. So you need the full manual for this board including a list of supported LCDs. Even though the chipset may appear the same, if you have an older or newer revision of the LCD port chip you may have a difference in the list of supported LCDs.

I fear I know this from experience, been frustrated by this more than once.

Oh, this also holds true for different revisions of the same LCD model, sometimes even between batches :x

LCDs supported by the 620-G3:
http://web.archive.org/web/200107242330 ... G3-LCD.htm

620-G4:
http://web.archive.org/web/200107242327 ... G4-LCD.htm

Note there are different bioses for one or several LCD screens. They have the same name on screen, the same bios ID string, just a different module somewhere inside the bios. Sigh...

What brand/model is that LCD? You may need to flash a different bios to support it...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum