MFG of MoBo P-II SBC VER G3N 620-G3A

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

MFG of MoBo P-II SBC VER G3N 620-G3A

Postby sthpawil » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:07 pm

I am hoping to find literature on the following motherboard as well as find out who manufactured it:

P-II SBC VER G3N, P/N 620-G3A Made in Taiwan

Award Modular Bios v4.51PG

B5D-T5 Socket 370 SBC System

Pentium III @ 850MHz

10/11/2000 i440BX-SMC669-2A69K6GC-00

ROM PCI/ISA BIOS (2A69KP6G)

It has PS2 / VGA /COM1 / LAN ports

Also on board is CADAC CMVO-2 E77755 0035

There is a sticker on the board that says EDCO LTD 09/02 but I think that is just the reseller. I found EDCO online but nothing else.

Thank you for your help. I am trying to get this to work in an older CNC Machining Center.
sthpawil
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
Likely the original distributor has gone into 'eternity'.
Best I can provide is that it has an Intel "440BX" chipset design, with a ROM BIOS date of Oct. 2000.
Some models are listed in this link but not that one.
One of our Mods maintains an extensive library of older mobo types.. http://www.elhvb.com/ .. which may provide some info.
You don't note how many device slots are present, or what type. That would be helpful. Likely the original BIOS program has been updated, and no longer truly IDs the board model.

Don't see why it would not work, as long as it is compatible to older 8-bit programming, if the original controller were of that type. It should run a program in BASIC, the most common.. or older command-prompt mode. But its speed may be too great for the purpose.
I had a similar instance some years back, with a machine controller.. an old XT mobo.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby boheemee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Is this a Single Board Computer (SBC) fits into a PCI/ISA slot? Looks something like this:
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby sthpawil » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 am

That picture is accurate. There are quite a few on eBay.

I bought four @ $75.00 each from a guy in Isreal because he had them listed as NexCom Peak 635-100 boards which is what I wanted and that is the board that I have the BIOS and switch settings that I need for my CNC machine.

I have tried getting the BIOS settings for the 620-G3A board that I would need but to no avail.

At this point I think that I am going to ask for a refund and send them back. I can get a new Advantech board that I have the settings for @ $350.00 so I think that I will just go that route.

Some times trying to save a little money ends up costing more!

Thank you for your help - I am glad that I found this site, it is very informational. Keep up the great work!

Thank you, Keith
sthpawil
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:24 am

P6 in the bios ID string means it was made by Protech-IPC:
http://www.protech-ipc.com/ipc/index.asp

Currently trying to find more info, it's no longer listed on the site but I might retrieve it from the internet archives somewhere.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:21 pm

No wonder I couldn't find it, looking for 'motherboards'! (Talks to self.. SEE THAT "S B C" KEYWORD?? :oops: )
What you have was (still is?) known as a "daughter board" and works with a base mobo without chips, only device slots.. called a "backplane". Some did have a few chipsets, but not much in the way of operation.. usually only voltage control. Many older server setups used this design, but it is nearly obsolete for today's use. You cannot plug that into any 'ordinary' motherboard.. would not work at all. And could damage itself or the mobo.
WIKI: SBC design:
WIKI: Backplane design:
Backplane source 1:
Backplane source 2:

Edit:
Just did a quick eBay check, and IoVega-com has them, as well as the backplane boards!
(Item number: 110337132590 and Item number: 120359310820)
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:46 am

@Karl: given the fact this person was specifically looking for an SBC, I think he has a fitting backplane system, this stuff is often found in industrial environments because you can connect sh*tloads of ISA i/o cards to them (20 slots anyone?) which saves money.

@sthpawil: what specific setting do you need the card to have?
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

SBC / Passive Backplane

Postby sthpawil » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 am

You guys are good.

This SBC is for use in an older CNC Machine. I have the jumper/switch/bios settings for this board and that is why I need this particular board. Other than using the settings off of the sheet to set my PEAK 635-100 SBC, I don't know enough to try another SBC. With these machines, you just can't pop any old SBC into it because the mfg has proprietary settings. I was able to find some PEAK 635-100's so that has been taken care of.

However, I would like to find a Passive Backplane for backup. If you know of a good source for those, please let me know. I have Googled and eBayed them to death to no avail. The ID on the passive backplane in my CNC is: FIC BPP-11 REV B.

Thanks,

Keith
sthpawil
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 pm

No passive backplane results for a Google search? I found many.. including this eBay offer. NexTag and Shopzilla also have listings. Doesn't have to be from FIC, as long as it is compatible.. and fits.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:42 am

how many and what kind of slots do you need?
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum