Help with a gateway E210882 Motherboard

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Help with a gateway E210882 Motherboard

Postby brange » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:19 am

I have a computer that my brother assembled for me. He purchased a gateway motherboard from the internet and it has been working ever since he gave it back to me. My problem is that he has recently passed away and I do not have the manual for the motherboard and I opened the computer to install a fan and disconnected one of the power wires. Trying to fix it I took other wires off and now I have no power so I need to find out how the wires go on the motherboard. ie the power switch, reset switch, and others. The motherboard is an E210882 gateway that was purchased at least 4 years ago, probably longer. could anyone help me Thanks :D
brange
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
The mobo was made for Gateway by Intel.. the D865GV family.
There likely is a small diagram on the mobo, perhaps between device slots, that depicts what pins do what.
You might find a manual from this Intel link. Or go to the Gateway site and check this out!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:05 am

Unfortunately that E210882 is only the material marking, there are several different boards with the same number...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Thank You for your help

Postby brange » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:51 am

Thank You both for your help I really appreciate the information. :P
brange
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Gateway motherboard E210882

Postby brange » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:27 am

Thank You for the information that was given to me, but my connection prongs do not look the same as the ones given in the picture with the link to the gateway website. The other numbers on the motherboard are 4000793, and IMHV21905134 AA A63931-307 If you can help I would appreciate it. Thank You
brange
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:06 pm

If the case and mobo are from an original setup, there should be a label on the back or bottom.. with model # and service # info for further searching.
The branded companies seldom are as open with info as are the mobo manufacturers that sell to the public. There may be different providers of motherboards for the same case model.
There may be differences in the pin layout due to revision of the model.. such as Vers.1.1 and Vers.1.2. What was shown in that Gateway link for the FP connections should be the same pinset if denoted as " front panel".
Very little chance of causing damage to the mobo, if you have a momentary-contact switch with leads that end in a two-pin plug. Place the connector on the two pins noted for 'power switch' to see if the mobo comes to life. Check also the two pins noted as 'reset' when it is operating. For the power and hdd LEDs, they will work in only one polarity connection.. but no harm will come to them if reversed. For the multi-color power LED, you will need a dual-diode LED that can display different colors on reversal of polarity.
Just don't use the pin marked as +5 volts.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby boheemee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:39 am

boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby boheemee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:40 am

boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:00 am

without further checking of that Gateway page: OEM version of the Intel D845HV. Now going to see if I'm right...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby boheemee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:58 am

without further checking of that Gateway page: OEM version of the Intel D845HV. Now going to see if I'm right...

I am currently running one of these boards, and use Intel's Active Monitor. In the System Information page it list it as a genuine Intel D845HV system board, even though I am running with the Gateway bios. So I think you are probably correct.
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum