i need user's manual PLEASE hELP =(

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:59 am

Do a Google search for the I/O shield. List the mobo model with the search. Local comp shops may have extras.. not all upgrades need a new shield plate. Also check on eBay. There are nearly 100 designs to choose from!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

High Density or low

Postby fuddly » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:42 pm

I just ordered this same board from Geeks. Does anyone know if it can take the high density ram or do I need to get the expensive low density.
fuddly

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:19 am

Most modern mobos accept only double-density or high-density memory modules. The mobo should have a user's manual, check that for recommended memory. If no manual and the mobo was new, then request a manual from the retailer. It should be included, unless the ad states otherwise. Specs for most mobo models can also be found by Googling for reviews on that specific model.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Revo1 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 pm

I have this motherboard, Asus P4SD i865pe, and I can't find an audio driver for it. Not even on the Asus Web site. How sad is that? I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with this. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Revo1

Re: High Density or low

Postby evasive » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:47 am

fuddly wrote:I just ordered this same board from Geeks. Does anyone know if it can take the high density ram or do I need to get the expensive low density.

PC2700 DDR RAM seems to work, PC3200 seems not.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 am

Revo1 wrote:I have this motherboard, Asus P4SD i865pe, and I can't find an audio driver for it. Not even on the Asus Web site. How sad is that? I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with this. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio from HP
as already noted, this board is used in the Evo D330 and D530 systems so get it at HP. Asus made this board solely for HP and HP is supposed to support it, not Asus.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ripshod » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:56 am

Should also be able to get the driver direct from intel.
CALL &BD19 (If you need to ask you don't need to know)
Ripshod
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:30 am

Ripshod wrote:Should also be able to get the driver direct from intel.

In this case you may think so, but they have used several different audio chips for which the drivers are not interchangeable. Sigh...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

P4SD i865pe

Postby robspcs » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 am

Cannot find information on the exact MB on HP's site but the sound driver required is for the Realtek ALC650 6-channel AC'97 audio codec.

I have also managed to get this board to accept 2x 1Gb DDR400 sticks of ram (Double Sided A-Data brand). It was a bit tricky as it would not POST with a 1Gb stick in slot 1. (This board reads its settings from slot 1) So I had to take an old 128Mb Stick and put it into slot 1 with the 2 1Gb sticks in slots 2 and 4. Then it booted fine. So now I took out the 128Mb stick and moved the 2 1Gb sticks to slots 1 and 3. Seems to be working ok now.

Now I just need a rear panel shield. Anyone have a link to one? Thanks.
robspcs

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:28 pm

If the mobo is of an Intel design, then likely the Intel parent site would have compatible drivers.. but only for certain features. The chipset drivers mainly, should be compatible to all respective models of that class family of chipset.
For audio drivers, there may be six or more manufacturer names.. yet all may use the "AC '97" configuration. LAN drivers also would be dependent on the chipset version present on the mobo. Same with any RAID chipsets.
Best option for the correct drivers would be the Web site of the named distributor of the mobo. Intel does manufacture mobos for other companies.. as well as do MSI and other companies. But when another company's name goes on the product, the parent company has no more to do with the product.

A diagnostics program such as Everest Ultimate Diagnostics from www.lavalys.com/ would display the true chipset IDs and all other features of any mobo.. and also provide Web links for drivers/updates. There is a free trial version of the program, but certain features are locked out. The purchased version is not expensive. PC Wizard from www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php is 'freeware', and provides nearly identical results. The authors would appreciate a fair donation to keep the program as 'freeware'.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum