i need user's manual PLEASE hELP =(

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:17 am

dontbuyemachines wrote:I also bought this mobo last week to replace an emachines mobo from Intel.
Has anyone confirmed the front panel jumper pin layout? I don't want to fry
the new mobo because the power pins went to the wrong place.

Thanks.

How many pins has the front panel connector and isn't there ANY writing around it at all? Can you do a close-up picture of the front panel header please?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby dontbuyemachines » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:07 am

[quote="evasive"]Here is the tech info:
http://www.ctechinfo.net/motherboards/asus/p4sd.php

This might be how the front panel header should be connected:
18 17
16 15
14 13
12 11
10 09
08 07
06 05
04 03
02 01
Pin 14 is empty - no pin
Pins 1 and 3 - HDD LED
Pins 5 and 7 - Reset SW
Pins 2 and 4 - PWR LED
Pins 6 and 8 - PWR SW
PINs 17 and 18 are jumpered together

[/quote]

These appear correct as they are indicated on the motherboard itself.
But I have the following colored wires for :

power led: blue/white = pins 2/4 ?
hdd led: red/white = pins 1/3 ?
power s/w: black/white = ping 6/8 ?

Is the above correct for the colors? Thanks for your help.

--> UPDATE: I confirmed

power led: blue/white = pins 2/4
hdd led: red/white = pins 1/3
power s/w: black/white = ping 6/8

--> ARE CORRECT. My mobo booted up and tried to read the HDD and some recovery failure message appeared. Had to buy Windows XP OEM version to re-install but currently getting PXE-E61 (Media test failure, check cable) and 1801-Microcode Update Error.
Last edited by dontbuyemachines on Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dontbuyemachines
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:39 am

If the mobo is of the "standard" design for the 865 family class, then there should not be much difference in layout/features between licensed manufacturers of that Intel design. Physical layout, yes.. may be major differences!
Here is a link to the Intel site for a DL of the designer's PDF file for the mobo schematics. Way down on page 71 of that file is a diagram of the front panel header and its pin functions. On another page is also a pinout for the FP audio connections.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PLEASE HEELLLP

Postby Sleepy888 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:06 pm

I just got that same mobo (P4SD-WB-R) from geeks.com. When I connect my power switch to pins 03 and 05 my power supply and fan power on for like 4 seconds and then shut off.... nothing boots up. Here's a picture of the header as well as this security header which may be another problem.

Can anyone help? or has anyone gotten this mobo to boot up? Thanks.

Sleepy888
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:04 am

Shaun, can you make a close-up so we can actually read the markings around the header? Not sure if you should connect the pwr switch on 6/8.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:04 am

I did a blow-up and sharpening of the linked image, but note only markings for components. There may be a small diagram elsewhere on the mobo surface, perhaps between device slots.
Asus has two listings for the P4SD series.. P4SDX and P4SDR-VM. But not for the P4SD-WB-R. Asus link: The link for the P4SDX http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/soc ... _p4sdx.pdf appears to be the closest match to your mobo. On page 32 of that DL there is a diagram of the front-panel connections. From a reference to that page, the top three left pins would be for the power LED. The bottom two left pins would be for the HDD LED. The top right four pins would be for the case speaker. The farthest right bottom two pins would be for the RESET switch. The pins to the left of that, skipping one, would be for the POWER switch. For the HDD LED, the left-most pin would be the (+) one. Polarity for the speaker and switches isn't relevant. For the power LED, yes. But polarity wasn't noted in the diagram.

(Sorry, rough diagram!)

PWRLED:..................SPEAKER
o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o
o - o - x - o - o - o - o - o - o - o
HDD........ SMI.....PWR........RESET

If your specific model isn't listed with Asus, then it likely was a production run for another company brand. Then Asus would have no further responsibility for it, and only the marketing company would provide info/warranty.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Sleepy888 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:22 am

This motherboard (P4SD-WB-R) is made by ASUS, but for an HP machine (as discussed in earlier threads as well as in forum [/url]http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1199559893688+28353475&threadId=1176806[url]. I bought it from geeks.com

Karlsweldt - I tried as you suggested and connected the switch to the header pin as outlined in your diagram and nothing happens.

Is there a chance that there is any type of security feature on the mobo that is preventing me from using it with a generic case, etc? [/url]
Sleepy888
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:11 am

A lot of motherboards had an "intrusion" switch pinset. If the BIOS lost its configuration, then the intrusion detection system would lock-down access to the operation. If you have the mobo manual, it should explain the process to reset the detector. It involves removing the BIOS battery, and placing a jumper on two pins.. then putting the battery back and doing the CLRCMOS process. Then the jumper is removed or placed on the opposite pair of pins.

Are you certain that the processor is compatible to the mobo, as well as the memory? Is a new PSU being used to test the mobo?
When an eMachine setup goes blooey, the mobo may be DOA.. as well as the original PSU. Possible some other devices have been damaged, as well.
Test the CPU and memory in another system to which they are compatible. Test the older PSU with a load-tester, to ensure it us usable. And test a known-good CPU in that replacement mobo, using a known-good PSU.
Too many "suspects".. and only one "crime". Elimination of suspects will give a sure conviction.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

display/cpu

Postby maneek » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:54 am

I have been working on this problem with board/cpu - I can get it powered up using labels for the front panel - works fine - however, I am not getting anything to display, everything is compatible and works in other hp machine. Later on today, I am going to borrow a friends box and try to figure out the problem with sercurity/bios/cmos possible problems. The board might be fried, but Im going to try everything to get this to work. I personally regret buying this board because of its built in security features and its hood sensor switch - I feel this is were the problem lies. while researching I found that a very good match from hp was the workstation xm3100- but nothing about the board was very useful - heres the link if anyone is interested.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... g=en&cc=us
maneek
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

memory issues

Postby maneek » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:47 am

I found my problem, i was trying to use pc3200 1gb sdram- Did not work, slapped in pc 2700 512 - worked fine - thought it was a security problem - not the issue - the on board diagram for power sw and all other header functions are correct and this beast will run. I reset my cmos several times and removed the lithium - everything works - put jumper on password pins- Ill repost images of my progress as with usb fp, and audio fp- still working on it before giving up, try everything.
maneek
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum