Boards for affordable student system

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby schuyler1 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:44 pm

You stared you reply of with saying my mobo picks were junk and why I cant accept it. That was half yor message. I assume that would be your main point. So what was it? junk or respond. I know some one responed, bit it was not you.

JohnCD, you didnt post about the junk, EvLwMn did.

Trust me, I get more than you think EvLwMn. I'm not asking anyone here to pick my computer parts. I'm smart enough to do that myself with all the info out there. I search for the mobo that I want, and I already went from the 845's to the 648's. I read the reviews and I check the manuf web sites. I've printed off 250 pages or better on this stuff, trying to get the best mobo. All I wanted was a opinion from someone that I could interact with who might know a heck of a lot more than me. Some sites say, wow what a great mobo. Some say what a crappy mobo. I dont want to spend my hard earned money a a top of the line mobo, and get it home only to find out its junk. Thats why I found this site for. Someones opinion that is smarter then mine. I've said enough. Bye By the way, The trip was great
schuyler1
Initiate
Initiate

Postby JohnCD » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:47 pm

Well, enough of the serious stuff...

So, EvLwMn, how's that POS mobo you're using...what brand was it now? ;-)

Is it as good as my POS K7S5A?

John D.

P.S. Please also compare your POS mobo wth the POS mooi is using and what Deni just bought...the MSI KT3 Ultra2.
________
Mercedes-Benz W128
Last edited by JohnCD on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JohnCD
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby schuyler1 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:23 pm

The more I think about it the more upset I get. There might be some lazy bumbs out there that are to lazy or dumb to do the research needed to build a computer from scratch. But I bet most of them that visit this forum have done their research and homework, and is looking for better advice from someone who lives and breaths computers and needs someone to say, ya you made a great choice, go for it, or no I think you should do this. I for one would never be stupid enough to buy a computer just because someone here said to. I'm going to buy the one I like and have researched over and over. All I want is a opinion. NO more will be said on the matter. Live long and properous. THANKS
schuyler1
Initiate
Initiate

Postby JohnCD » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:27 pm

Thank you...no hard feelings on my part.

Good luck,

John D.
________
Avandia recall
Last edited by JohnCD on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCD
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby EvLwMn » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:35 pm

Me neither :)

Oh yeah - and John, my POS is as good as your POS :wink:
"You can't go to Windows Update and get a patch for stupidity." - Kevin Mitnick
EvLwMn
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Toby B. » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:43 pm

just to let you people know. I moved this thread here from the recommendations forum as it went quickly from a simple recommendation to (what I view as) a flame war over good versus bad motherboards...

for future reference any battles over computer components such as motherboards should be posted here.

Be sure to state your reasoning behind your posts. Be sure to read The Rules of Engagement

Thank you for you cooperation

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby JohnCD » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:49 pm

Sorry...I didn't see it as flaming yet...I hadn't even begun to do that.

John D.
________
Michigan medical marijuana dispensary
Last edited by JohnCD on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCD
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Toby B. » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:57 pm

JohnCD wrote:Sorry...I didn't see it as flaming yet...I hadn't even begun to do that.

John D.
Well in any case if went from a simple recommendation into a bickering match. that is the main reason behind the move.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:14 pm

8O WOW!!! Is it HOT in here or is it just me? 8O schuyler1 & berkmberk2; there are a lot of people that come here asking for recos. because they don't want to do the research, or, figure they'll just get what 'the experts' recommend. I am not saying that is your case. The people on this forum work hard to try to help others as much as they can. Once & awhile, a post will go w/out getting a reply. It's a lot like John said, we don't know. I hate it when I see a post w/out a reply. I'll view it and sometimes I just have to click away, I just don't know the answer or I can't help! Sometimes it's best to just keep an eye on your post & don't get too upset or too anxious. Give it a few days.

I can understand where you're coming from. It hasn't been too awfull long ago that I too asked for mobo recoms. & did not get the rsponse I was looking for. I even said something about it, politely, in my thank you reply to the ones that did try to help. Now, I'm a little embarrassed. :oops: John shed some precious light on this here in this post. I never looked at it that way. We don't all think alike, Praise God!

You want find a better site loaded w/so much experience & helpfullness.

As far as your questions about mobos, I ain't gotta clue! Since you've narrowed 'em down to prices, try researching the performances of them. You're gonna get different opinions here, over there and everwhere. Best of luck to ya both! :wink:
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Incognito » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:45 pm

The Gigabyte Ga7-VEML motherboard and amd athlon 1 gigahertz processor is on sale at TCWO.com for $76. I dont have that particular motherboard but i do own a Gigabyte GA7VRXP, and its great. Here is the link http://www.tcwo.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st ... rodid=2558
Incognito
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War