best mouse and keyboard manufacture

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

best mouse ankeyboard maker

Poll ended at Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:33 pm

Microsoft
38%
logitech
50%
other
13%

Total votes : 24

best mouse and keyboard manufacture

Postby datektrader21 » Wed May 29, 2002 1:33 pm

who's the best microsoft or logitech or some other brand?

for fun this poll has a ten day limitImage

i have extended the vote until my team wins :P :D :P
Last edited by datektrader21 on Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Wed May 29, 2002 4:20 pm

I voted logitech, as they have more of a selection of keyboards and mice. They aren't that expensive as microsofts either! Maybe when I get a microsoft keyboard or mouse I will reconsider, but I got a pretty decent optical mouse and keyboard for less than 50 bucks which ain't too shabby imo. Of course I want a Microsoft split keyboard, but for 60 bucks I don't think so. Damn it's hot in california.
Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
A man, a plan, a butt tub: anal Panama!
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Thu May 30, 2002 12:49 am

I voted MS, the Logitech mouse is slow on the fps and small, as for the keyboard it just does not have the sturdy feeling the MS natural elite usb has. And the MS mouse is the best, nothing can beet its sensitivity and performance.
Last edited by datektrader21 on Thu May 30, 2002 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tolemac » Thu May 30, 2002 1:40 am

I have both a Microsoft Optical and a Logitech Optical and I like the Microsoft much better. Better size and allround ability.
I only use Microsoft Internet keyboards. They have everything that I need, and are easy to use. 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby useless comment » Thu May 30, 2002 1:02 pm

I voted logitech because that's what I have - the non-cordless USB optical mouse with the translucent red bottom and sides($20 at wal-mart). I've never had problems with it but I use the ps/2 adapter just because I want to. I'm not a peripheral-phile so I probably wouldn't notice any difference between the logitech and M$ mice or keyboards anyway. I'm just so happy not to deal with cleaning a stupid rubber ball or mouse pad every other day.
useless comment
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Thu May 30, 2002 7:30 pm

One defining characteristic of the logitech optical technology in mice is that it is less sensitive and reactive than the M$ Explorer type mice--this I and DatekTrader21 know. Say you're playing a shooting game on the computer, and you know something is right behind you and want to shoot it--so you instantly flinch the mouse to the right.. if you have a logitech mouse you will probably start going every which way other than right; whereas with a microsoft it will be precisely in the direction you pushed it. Unfortunately I hate siding with M$, but I have to when it comes to quality of mice and keyboards.
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby useless comment » Thu May 30, 2002 7:43 pm

Say you're playing a shooting game on the computer, and you know something is right behind you and want to shoot it--so you instantly flinch the mouse to the right.. if you have a logitech mouse you will probably start going every which way other than right

That's an odd thing to happen. Never happened to me, and believe me I would know, I'm in my 3D FPS engine (check the link below)4-8 hours a day working and it is always spot on. I wouldn't use it if it didn't work.
useless comment
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Fri May 31, 2002 1:55 am

Man maybe I got a bad mouse or something, cause i move it real fast and it goes every which way. I compared mine to a Microsoft Explorer mouse, and the Explorer didn't do that at all.
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Wyrm73 » Fri May 31, 2002 10:56 pm

It's not just you Peter. My wife's computer has a Logitech optical mouse and it does exactly what yours does. It freaks out every now and then and shoots across the screen in the opposite direction that you move it. I have been told that a mouse pad with a grid pattern will help this. I thought that the advantage to an optical mouse was that it didn't need a pad. :roll:
Wyrm73
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby datektrader21 » Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:27 am

you know what i like about MS [why does everyone use $ inplace of S]
everything i have ever returned to them as been done so with out questions. like my first MS optical mouse developed a short. for 69 bucks i expect them to last forever. i called MS told them my problem, they ask for the S/n and my shipping address three days later i had a new shiny MS mouse and it was the next revision of the intellimouse not the original big bulky thing.

i asume it will be the same if this nice big MS natural elite usb internet keyboard fails.
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War