Hunt for weapons officially over.

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby trexntx » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:41 pm

Apparently Bush's moral superiority instills in him a divine certainty of his own infallibility.
I wonder what it is like to know and follow God's will so clearly.
It must be wonderful.
Ed

Yeah...

I read somewhere that he actually believes (or said he believes :roll: ) that it was God's calling and purpose for him to be President. Divine appointment so to speak. :wink:
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
Maxtor SATA (2x300GB) RAID 0
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby colinJohn » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:11 pm

still more...

"that's some catch that Catch 22"
"It's the best that there is"

colinJohn
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby video » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:39 pm

Well, now you know damn well we need to rebuild everything before the us gets out of there, and years after too now, So anyway, get your check books out and get ready for higher taxes, higher gas, higher oil prices, higher everything, and be proud of being American. We can just send our checks directly to the bush family. They need it more then we do anyway, right? Ya, I thought so. :D

I'm so happy that we have had a good turn out on the vote the last election. The ones who voted for him will pay too as well, and they are proud of what has happened and yet to happen. I will be right there next to them, holding there hands to comfort them. I love it, that they made such a wise choice, on this matter. I'm so damn mad I cant even finish what I was writign about.
video
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby HollowPoint69 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:49 pm

Hehe, I think it's hilarious how people are always like "OMGZZZZ, THE DEMS ARE GONNA RAISE TAXESSSS, DON'T U LYK MONEY LOL?!?!"

Who the heck is gonna pay for Bush's war then smarts?
HollowPoint69

Postby trexntx » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:58 am

Just in case somebody missed it, I repeat...
Those who voted for Bush (the moral candidate) should all share the burden. Instead of simply placing magnetic ribbons on the rear of their cars they should be transporting their children and grandchildren down to the recruiter to enlist them for service in Iraq.

I see that a story that was on page 17 yesterday is now front page news. I am referring to the White House's admission that its two year multi-million dollar search for WMD's that has cost over 1355 military lives and countless civilian casualties is over and that they haven't found squat.

I pretty much figured that from the get-go. Personally, I would have been surprised if they had found any. Saddam Hussein may be alot of things, but one thing he isn't is stupid.

Now they have the audacity and gall to issue this statement.

"Based on what we know today, the president would have taken the same action because this is about protecting the American people."
8O

Really? What a sweet and vague statement and a load of crap. Protecting us from what and whom? I never heard one threat uttered from anybody during the time between 9/11 (which had nothing to do with Saddam) and the invasion except by OUR government.

The bottom line was that given more time we would have discovered what we now know is true without the loss of life and the situation we are currently floundering about in. Saddam would still be in power, but he would be contained and any ACTUAL aggression toward us or our allies would have warranted the actions we so stupidly took.

I don't think we necessarily need to rebuild everything before we get out of Iraq, but we should definitely leave it in better shape than what it was when we arrived and devastated it. If there are any higher taxes, just remember it wasn't the democrats that took us to war. And this administration wants to dicker with Social Security. Kiss it goodbye if Bush gets his way.
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby miki02131 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:27 pm

One thing I would like Trex to see. I understand Texas is your home state. Texas elected and reelected Bush several times. Don't you see where I am going.

In fact you may be more responsible than any body else for him being president. How? If you didn't relected him as governor over and over, he wouldn't have the standing necessary to run as president. You are as guilty as anybody else who elected and reelected him. Actually, you and your state should bare the major burden.

Sorry nothing personal. I just couldn't find a better way to state my ideas.
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby HollowPoint69 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:06 pm

hahaha, miki, that's like saying the entire U.S. is responsble for making bush president. No, just 59 million people are. If trex didn't vote for Bush, then he has no responsibility over his states stupidity.

Trex, how the heck do you tolerate it in Tecksas?
HollowPoint69

Postby trexntx » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:25 pm

miki02131 wrote:One thing I would like Trex to see. I understand Texas is your home state. Texas elected and reelected Bush several times. Don't you see where I am going.

In fact you may be more responsible than any body else for him being president. How? If you didn't relected him as governor over and over, he wouldn't have the standing necessary to run as president. You are as guilty as anybody else who elected and reelected him. Actually, you and your state should bare the major burden.

Sorry nothing personal. I just couldn't find a better way to state my ideas.

Ahhh, but I didn't vote for him for governor either so blaming me personally won't work. :wink: And he was only elected twice.
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby trexntx » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:27 pm

HollowPoint69 wrote:hahaha, miki, that's like saying the entire U.S. is responsble for making bush president. No, just 59 million people are. If trex didn't vote for Bush, then he has no responsibility over his states stupidity.

Trex, how the heck do you tolerate it in Tecksas?

Considering it was 72F yesterday and today after the cold front moved through it is still only down in the 50's, I can tolerate it very well thank you. :wink:
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ghen » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:52 pm

The only reason terrorists from Iran and other countries are in Iraq now, is because we took out the government creating a vacuum of power. If the terrorists can influence the new government in any slight way, then their job is a success.

Before we went to war Iraq was one of the worst countries to live in for terrorists just because of all the inspectors running around here and there. Sure Saddam killed people for the wrong reasons lots of people. And sure he wanted to make WMDs. The key is his -wants- and -abilities- were so extremely different. If you want to talk about bad governments that need toppling Iraq is certianly not the first on anyone's list! North Korea is mine.

Bush better be extremely careful for his reasonings to go to war. All his lies about WMD's were well and good at the time, and he could fess up to them now with little recourse.. But if he sticks to his guns and says that just because Saddam was a bad guy.. Well then we've got a butt-load of countries to invade just to keep up the status quo! Plus the fact that we still have yet to make even Afghanistan safe! They're basically back to the old system of warlords now except for the major cities.

As a caveat though: We can NOT pull out of Iraq. We must not. To do so now would lead to dire situations in the future, not to mention the reputation we'd get as nation murderers.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War