Favorite Board Manufacturer (better)

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Who is your Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer??

ABIT
69%
Epox
No votes
Asus
8%
Jetway
No votes
Intel
8%
BIOSTAR
No votes
ECS
No votes
Shuttle
3%
MSI
10%
Soyo
3%
AOpen
No votes

Total votes : 39

Postby Black Wolf » Mon May 10, 2004 11:43 am

Tulatin wrote:well no, but i did expect more performance. Feature set was nice.

Performace?? It qaulity not quantity.....
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby miki02131 » Mon May 10, 2004 5:51 pm

Anyway, generally speaking how do those two brands (ABIT and MSI) compared qualitywise and featurewise? Tell me a bit more about Performance and features? Which one has the upper hand in Performance? And which one has the upper hand in Feature?
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Mon May 10, 2004 7:50 pm

miki02131 wrote:Anyway, generally speaking how do those two brands (ABIT and MSI) compared qualitywise and featurewise? Tell me a bit more about Performance and features? Which one has the upper hand in Performance? And which one has the upper hand in Feature?

ABIT and ABIT. They are more expensive, and you get what you pay for. If you want the absolute best, ABIT are the people to see.

Black Wolf wrote:what did you expect little red MSI demosn to pop out of your computer burn it then kill your family?

No, I think those are the Chaintech demons.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Tue May 11, 2004 2:10 am

Essentially, what sabre says is true. Abit boards DO cost more, but with that you get quite a lot more. The only thing that the pentium 4 ones are short on are ram ratios :evil:
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby chris754 » Tue May 11, 2004 2:24 am

In the interests of research i trawled the local markets to check prices. Here in Taiwan we dont have mail order but street stalls who have price lists on the front. It is a good way to check the market. There are obviously many DIYers here but we miss out because they do it all in Chinese. The Abit boards are not as cheap as from the cheapest US sites which I found surprising. Typical low price for the Abit N7 Max3 was NT$7000 approx which is about US$212. I think I could haggle down tho.
Gigabyte are very big here as are Asus.
chris754
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby miki02131 » Tue May 11, 2004 11:54 am

Thanks for making my board choise easy. Yes I mean easy because Abit seems to have no competion. So I am going go with the best: Abit. Why because, the majority of Mobo.org geeks say so.

I think also that I'll go ATI in graphics. I am still undecided over Intel or AMD CPU though.
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Black Wolf » Tue May 11, 2004 12:08 pm

miki02131 wrote:Thanks for making my board choise easy. Yes I mean easy because Abit seems to have no competion. So I am going go with the best: Abit. Why because, the majority of Mobo.org geeks say so.

I think also that I'll go ATI in graphics. I am still undecided over Intel or AMD CPU though.

Another one has been lost to the propaganda machine :cry:
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Copper » Tue May 11, 2004 2:09 pm

Black Wolf wrote:
miki02131 wrote:Thanks for making my board choise easy. Yes I mean easy because Abit seems to have no competion. So I am going go with the best: Abit. Why because, the majority of Mobo.org geeks say so.

so,so sad
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Tue May 11, 2004 2:13 pm

Black Wolf wrote:

Want a hug? Must have more souls, err, converts!! :twisted: :wink:
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Tue May 11, 2004 3:16 pm

Propaganda is false information. Naught of what we say is a lie.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War