Pat Tillman killed in Action

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby trexntx » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:01 pm

danny the bum wrote:I would have taken the contract and played football. You can do a lot more good when you are alive than when you are dead. I think he made a poor choice.

You might think he made a poor choice, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that he thought it was the right thing to do after 9/11. It's what he wanted to do and he had the conviction and tenacity to do it. He did it for the lives lost at the World Trade Center. He did it because he felt he owed a debt to his country for the freedom and opportunities he had.

He has earned my utmost respect. It is the least I can offer.
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
Maxtor SATA (2x300GB) RAID 0
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby danny the bum » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:50 pm

There are very strong opinions on war. Personally, I do not see how any compassionate human being could take the life of another human being. Regardless of whether they deserve it or not, it is never the right answer.
I have a belly button
danny the bum
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby nascarfool.com » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:27 pm

danny the bum wrote:How exactly is he amazing?

I must be blind. I do not see where he said that was "amazing". Pat Tillman did what he felt he needed to do for his country. I find it disturbing to hear from Americans that think the war is wrong. :evil:
My Trading References
Like Nascar ? Come visit and talk about your favorite driver.
nascarfool.com
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby son0rous » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:34 pm

look danny. whether you like war or not the guy is dead, show some damn compassion. would you go to a funeral of a person who had been hit by a car and say "he shouldn't of been walking on the road, it's his own stupid fault. he made the wrong decision, he is dead, and i don't give a damn about the guy because it was his choice to walk that close to traffic." i certainly hope not
i don't agree with war either, but guess what? IT IS NOT GOING AWAY ANY TIME SOON!!! just because somebody died doing something that you do not agree with does not mean they deserve the disrespect you have shown them
son0rous
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:37 pm

I find it disturbing to hear from Americans that think the war is wrong.

Not to offend, but get used to other opinions, and we ain't americans. Well, i'm not yet.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Re: Pat Tillman killed in Action

Postby danny the bum » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:50 pm

lshawelu wrote:
"I never played football with or against Pat Tillman and I didn't know him, but I wish I had. Simply put, he was an American hero. He had the courage of his convictions to walk away from the money, prestige, celebrity and fame that an NFL career offers. To do that takes incredible amounts of integrity and heroism.
Tillman made the ultimate sacrifice so that the people of this country could be protected. He should be honored by Arizona State University, the Arizona Cardinals and the NFL. I regret that I didn't know this amazing human being."
-- Mark Schlereth

That's where i saw amazing. Funny that you find it disturbing, I find it disturbing that anyone can think it is right. Why show compassion to the dead, they are dead!!! Do you think it makes a difference?
I have a belly button
danny the bum
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby trexntx » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:52 pm

Tulatin wrote:
I find it disturbing to hear from Americans that think the war is wrong.

Not to offend, but get used to other opinions, and we ain't americans. Well, i'm not yet.

Uhhh.... you're from North America... pretty much makes you an american. Technically, Argentinians are americans. :wink:
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
Maxtor SATA (2x300GB) RAID 0
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby don'tknowmuch » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:55 pm

From a Canadian and one who respect the American ideal, I feel that the way things are going the US is playing into the hands of AlQeda, or however you spell it. I'm pi$$ed off that my country has these people here planning their war in my backyard, we are all so blind. We better wake up and realise that they are also playing on our "open door " policy to twist facts in their favour. I see and hear it in our media all the time, and all the equal rights activists are giving them the credibility that they do not deserve. I just hope that some of the leaders in my country and others figure out that these policies of over tolerance is only fueling the fire that will burn the free world as we know it.
Our God help us! :x
don'tknowmuch
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby danny the bum » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:55 pm

Yes, we are from north america, big whoop. What about people from the UK, are they insane if they aren't pro war?
I have a belly button
danny the bum
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: Pat Tillman killed in Action

Postby son0rous » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:58 pm

danny the bum wrote:Funny that you find it disturbing, I find it disturbing that anyone can think it is right. Why show compassion to the dead, they are dead!!! Do you think it makes a difference?

i have never heard such disgusting words from a person in my life. i am embarassed to be human
son0rous
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War