Win98se or XP

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Copper » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:01 am

Toby B. wrote:640 MB of RAM??? :? what size chips are you using? Do you mean 64mb

toby go and stand in the corner. you let the side down

ghesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sorry wrong thread
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby mrjetskey » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:17 pm

Why oh why not just goto a dual os system since most people donot upgrade OS. until they buy a new puter ,You can always make use of the old harddrive,in with your new puter and since you still have the win 98se,cd etc. and a lot of the little hex programs that i work with for certain iso chips,only respond or are written for win 98SE,also I like the dos shell feature of win98 that allows you to flash atmels and the like without having to boot up puter in dos.as I know just enough about such things to stay perpetually in trouble.(no I don't run a dual boot system I just left my old puter next to my new work in progress.(I still love my old p-3 733 , with 384 ram,and 98se)Most peoples problems with 98se are they try to run too much ram,forget to search out the little ms updates as the one that keeps 98se from hanging on shutdown,and they don't keep a clean registry and defragged HDD. But yes xp looks and seems good so far but I am sure the MS.revenge will come out and get me!!
World Renoun International Jet-Setter,Last Of The Big Spenders,Wars Fought,Governments Run,Virgins Converted,Inheritances Spent,Ex-Wives House Broken**(due to low success rate of this last service,No Warranty) PS.I drilled so you can fill your fuel tank!
mrjetskey
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby tonycarr » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:42 pm

I like winXP but ...
I have changed too many components too quick and had to call ms to reactivate winXP , I hate that .
I like win98se for the freedom to change , frequently .
If OC'ing gets "ruff" and have to reload os , 98se is easier to reload .
E Pluribus Unum
tonycarr
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby evasive » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:22 am

tonycarr wrote:I like winXP but ...
I have changed too many components too quick and had to call ms to reactivate winXP , I hate that .
I like win98se for the freedom to change , frequently .
If OC'ing gets "ruff" and have to reload os , 98se is easier to reload .

Make a disk image with Ghost or DriveImage after you've done your clean install + drivers + apps + activation. Saves time. Trust me.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CDBurner » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:26 am

evasive wrote:Make a disk image with Ghost or DriveImage after you've done your clean install + drivers + apps + activation. Saves time. Trust me.

It definitely does save time. I can restore my OS partition in 5 minutes by doing that, whereas re-installing the OS, installing drivers, and patching the OS can take several hours.
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War