roxio ez creator

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby beeboy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:55 am

I'm doing the same. Give up on cdrw. Found they did not erase more than twice before becoming platters. And I'm certainly buying better cdr now. Bought a big pack of cheapies from Future Shop (their own brand) and they sucked.
beeboy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby nascarfool.com » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:41 am

I have used Easy CD Creator since version 3.5 without any problems. I use it for most of my burning. I also use "Drag-to-Disc", formerly known as Direct CD.
nascarfool.com
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby evasive » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:12 am

I've had soo many troubles with ECDC I completely lost faith in it. Too many incompatibility issues with hardware and other software, more than once the aspi layer got scr*wed beyond repair, then I got a copy of nero which was at that time a rather course program, much has improved by now which wasn't spectacular but it worked, in one time. I now use WinOnCD which came with my Plextor. Support for it has gone (that is my biggest grief with Roxio) ever since they were bought by Roxio :evil: Lucky for Roxio they decided to release one last patch which will make it work under XP, else I would not have recommended anything Roxio again. Ever.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CDBurner » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:40 am

My preference is Nero because it gives the user more control over the burning process, but I haven't had many problems with ECDC, either.
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby MNpcGuy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:55 am

Yes Nero (from version 5 on) can also repair damaged or corrupt CD's. I've recovered many unplayable audio discs this way.
MNpcGuy
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby zackr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:27 pm

I can't really say why I prefer Nero or Clone Cd other than the fact I've never burnt a cd and it not burn properly. Unlike Easy Cd Creator more than 50% of the time I go to burn a cd it doesn't burn properly. Sorry I dont have a better reason. :?
zackr
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby evasive » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:55 pm

The best thing about Nero 6 is you can control the user interface from complete no-brainer up to expert mode. Which comes in handy at times.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War