AOL, Love it or Hate it

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Which do u love?

AOL
8%
anyother ISP
92%

Total votes : 39

Postby evasive » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:56 pm

You ever been testing for M$ then?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:58 pm

Not really, but considering what they put out...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Nads » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:27 am

Yep, hate to admit it after reading all the hubub you guys write, but Im gonna hafta vote for AOL. Ive had Verizon, Bellsouth, GTE, Earthlink and Joe's Internet Service, but the only thing that has been utterly reliable has been AOL. DSL and Cable are not available to me and the other services kept booting me right in the middle of a big game. Ive only been disconnected from AOL twice that I can remember in the past year and I connect at 46k everytime I log in which bests the others 19-26k, lol. I would love to have cable or DSL and will should one become available, but until then Ill be using AOL.
AMD FX-53
ASUS SK8V
2 WD RAPTORS (raid 0)
BFG 6800ULTRA OC
1 gig OCZ DDR400 (registered)
THERMALTAKE SILENT BOOST COOLER
Nads
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ssamurai26 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:35 am

Nads wrote:Yep, hate to admit it after reading all the hubub you guys write, but Im gonna hafta vote for AOL. Ive had Verizon, Bellsouth, GTE, Earthlink and Joe's Internet Service, but the only thing that has been utterly reliable has been AOL. DSL and Cable are not available to me and the other services kept booting me right in the middle of a big game. Ive only been disconnected from AOL twice that I can remember in the past year and I connect at 46k everytime I log in which bests the others 19-26k, lol. I would love to have cable or DSL and will should one become available, but until then Ill be using AOL.

Blasphemer!!!
STONE HIM! STONE HIM!
Good, now kick him in the head, quick before he can get up.

J/K
Seriously, if you had to suffer through the dark times as some of us have, then you would understand. If you ever lived in an area where disconnects were the norm and connections came through at a trickle, you'd understand. And what is with that pre-school like slow as my dead grandma browser they use?
"He o hitte shiri tsubome" - (There is no use scrunching up your buttocks after a fart)

Abit KN9 Ultra
AMD X2 3800
Corsair DDR2 2X2GB
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
Intel SSD
150GB Raptor
1TB WD Green X3

(hooked up to new 100M FTTH line)
ssamurai26
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Nads » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:44 am

If you ever lived in an area where disconnects were the norm and connections came through at a trickle, you'd understand

Well, those disconnects were common for me until I went to AOL lol. I know all but three of us here hate AOL, but its the only thing that works in my area. The biggest complaint I have with AOL is the da#*@d advertising they do. Always looking to sell ya something on a service you already pay to use. Friggin pop up banners coming up before you can even check your mail! Other than that, it works better than everything else available here, lol.
AMD FX-53
ASUS SK8V
2 WD RAPTORS (raid 0)
BFG 6800ULTRA OC
1 gig OCZ DDR400 (registered)
THERMALTAKE SILENT BOOST COOLER
Nads
Green Belt
Green Belt

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War