The Good Ole' Bar Brawls

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Black Wolf » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:54 am

Hell I alwasy fell relaxed when I am on teh site, I come here to escape work or anything else for that matter, if I just want to chat or i half a 30 minutes with nothing to do the forum is perfect, but for the limited time i have been here, I do notice a lot of "negativity: floating about.
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby HH » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:20 am

Hey! Somebody here talking/thinking about me? :lol: :P :lol: Heeheeheeheehee!!! :lol: :P :lol:

I seem to've missed the latest rounds. That can be a good thing as it kept me out of the middle of 'em, but, on the other hand, maybe I could've interjected here & there to try to get 'em to learn from my mistakes, although I didn't blast anyone for their views/opinions. The only time I made a personal attack was in retalliation of one, which still isn't right. I've come to find out that most everybody else sees the same things in a person that I see, although some will deny or ignore these things, so I don't need to try to point out a person's shortcomings. Our posts speak for themsleves/us.

Rule #1: Do not take things personal. Whether they are intended to be personal or not.

Rule #2: EVERYBODY'S got an opinion. So what if it differs from yours. Don't we all have family & friends that we disagree on some things with, but yet we still love/like 'em?

"Words from the unwise" :lol:
(Still) Happy Hillbilly
2361 actual posts
HH
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tulatin » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:52 am

True nuff hillbilly.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby GEFORCEFreek » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:57 am

I always start fights or join in them for the humorous content provided
GEFORCEFreek

Postby MoboCop » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:24 pm

GEFORCEFreek wrote:I always start fights or join in them for the humorous content provided

not anymore you dont.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby MoboCop » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:29 pm

Tulatin wrote:although there are 50k members, only 100 of us are regulars (at max) and most of them (the rest) are one time posts, asking help. Others, ask and never come back.

That is an interesting observation. I am not sure how accurate it is. But worth looking into...first thing though is that just cause someone does not post does not mean they do not use the forums.

There are plenty of forums I frequent where I post very infrequently or not at all. Hopefully on a good forum you can find the answer you need just by searching.

anyway...
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby HH » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:01 pm

Naw, a good forum is one you can find or get an answer from but you still want to say something because almost everybody's cool. Like this one. :wink: There are several forums that I've used to help people here but I wouldn't join or participate in some of 'em because of the members that are flat out jerks. :roll: :wink:

I'm not talking about 2 people getting into a heated debate or arguing among themselves, that's understandable & often tolerable. I'm talking about the ones that seem to have something negative to say to almost everyone.
(Still) Happy Hillbilly
2361 actual posts
HH
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tulatin » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:08 pm

Indeed, this is one of the best forums out there, aside from some of the idiot that occasionally show up. And Cop, what's with

GEFORCEFreek wrote:
I always start fights or join in them for the humorous content provided

not anymore you dont.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Copper » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:08 am

HH wrote:Naw, a good forum is one you can find or get an answer from but you still want to say something because almost everybody's cool. Like this one. :wink: There are several forums that I've used to help people here but I wouldn't join or participate in some of 'em because of the members that are flat out jerks. :roll: :wink:

with out dout this is the only forum i recommend
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby ecclaed » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:21 pm

Rawr, snarl, you all offend me.

Not.

I think people need to loosen up a bit, that's all.
ecclaed
Green Belt
Green Belt

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War