Persway Me Pease.

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby lshawelu » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:14 pm

hey Lul,
Try starting a new thread in the cooling tips and tricks section. You'll get more responses that way. Sorry , not too familiar with the subject.
Pentium 4 3.0c
Abit IC7-Max3
Corsair XMS Series 512mb PC 3200
80/160 GB Maxtor HD
ATI Radeon 9800 pro
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Windows XP Pro

"I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and right now I'm all out of gum"
lshawelu
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Black Wolf » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:29 pm

Lul2x wrote:What rpm do you suggest for my 2500+ OCed to 3200(hopefully)

If your going to be over clocking that 2500 of yours i would not fool around, have your fan set to full adn check your temps, then try it under full load, each system will alwasy be a little differetn, with heat coming off different parts, airflow through the case, thermal pase, and differnt stuff, juts take it one step at a time, when you know your temps are good, and you wnat to turn the rpm down a little to make it quiter, do bit by bit, to make sure nothing goes wrong.
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:48 pm

Indeed, just crank down the rpms if you're sure it can handle it, and turn em up when ocing more.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Black Wolf » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:17 pm

Tulatin wrote:Indeed, just crank down the rpms if you're sure it can handle it, and turn em up when ocing more.

yeahs that what more what i meant thansk tultan, i get all tounge tied.
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:20 pm

Today dude, your typing sucks.... most days it does either way but. Mine's slow today due to slicing index finger open - plastic broom snapped while sweeping.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Black Wolf » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:23 pm

Tulatin wrote:Today dude, your typing sucks.... most days it does either way but. Mine's slow today due to slicing index finger open - plastic broom snapped while sweeping.

My god your right, my typing does suck, must be the lack of sleep and the exciment of having my computers back on-line.
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:25 pm

Ah there it goes. But the excitement i can understand - if it weren'[t for my dad sleeping lightly, i would have been posting the second the net came up...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Black Wolf » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:29 pm

well HJ and I were going to LAN last night, but becasue of some power grid bla, bla, bla... we were left drinking and shooting paint balls with sling shots.

That and is 32'C right now in Ottawa, when the power came back on i cranked my AC, it was satrting to boil, even my cat midnight was panting from the heat, of course does she walk ove rto the water bowl and get a drink? no way.
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:31 pm

Yeah, i know about that heat, and at least yo uahve an intelligent cat - mine will sleep on the top stair of my steps - you try seeing her in PITCH blackness.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Black Wolf » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:34 pm

Tulatin wrote:Yeah, i know about that heat, and at least yo uahve an intelligent cat - mine will sleep on the top stair of my steps - you try seeing her in PITCH blackness.

my cat is completely black, HJ and i kept tripping over her all last night, she would lay right in the iddle of the floor on her back for su to scrath her belly, i guess she does not understand that we can not see her. or she knew we can't see ehr and was trying to trip us!
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War