Did It Happen This Way?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Did It Happen This Way?

Postby Tulatin » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:37 am

This is ann odd little article pulled out of MSN, from macleans
http://www.macleans.ca/xta-doc2/2003/06 ... 0472.shtml
What gives me the idea that htis may be screwey?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby miki02131 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:14 am

This is a leftist history fabricated to rob the US army of stunning victory. The truth is that Saddam strategy was pulverized at the getgo. They hide weapons in schools, hospitals, and did not group their troups in fighting formation, expecting the US army to start with a prolong air campaign that would result in heavy civilian casualty. To their surprise, the opposite thing happened. The war started with a speedy ground assault with tremondous and accurate air support. Then it was too late for the iraqi army to regroup and offer any resistance at all.

This is an article for the garbage.
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:21 am

The Tulatin Would Like To Make A Few Statement Here In Neutrality, Before It Starts Raining Shells.

#1 - Can This Topic Be moved to the Hundred Year War Forum, becuase there's bound to be conflicts

#2 - If you wish to throw in another view, do it calmly, and rebuke facts accurately, ;Leave your pride at the door ; {This refers to you in no way miki}

#3 - The article points out that there was heavy resistance in the south, then an easier path to the north, which by MY INTERPRETATION, (based upon the news) was true; the cause of this is unknown (mayhap they were paid, weakened, or realized that the regime was doomed)

That is all. Anything that you would like to oppose from my statemnts just post here, or PM me it. No Flames Please...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby miki02131 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am

Tulatin wrote:#3 - The article points out that there was heavy resistance in the south, then an easier path to the north, which by MY INTERPRETATION, (based upon the news) was true; the cause of this is unknown (mayhap they were paid, weakened, or realized that the regime was doomed)

The truth is that the heavy resistance they were talking about was only offered by the fedayeen militia who had nothing to loose, alive or dead. When they faced the us army in fighting formation, they got quickly destroyed. They had to resort to guerilla and illegal combat tactics such as dress in civilian clothes, etc... Anyway, the militia's goal was to keep a lid on the people, prevent them from rising during the prolong anticipated air campaign that never materialized.
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:07 am

Miki Wrote:
They had to resort to guerilla and illegal combat tactics such as dress in civilian clothes, etc...

Illegal? No. Remember, All is fair in love and war. Dressing as a civilian is just cheap, so technically it's cheating. Guerral warfare would be a samrt thing for them to fall back on, as it prolongs their survival.

One question remons however...

Where in the World Is Saddam Hussien? Was he deduced to a splaeeter on a floor after they bombed the hell out of that building, is he hiding out in his former country, is he running like hell, or is he rooming iwth osama? This would be intresting to know, jsut where he went...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby miki02131 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:15 am

My own view is that he is alive and in Iraq. I am not surprise because we have fugitive right here in the US that can't be found. We will find them(Saddam or Osama) only if some body in their inner circle is willing to turn them in.
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:36 am

They'd be the same way with those two choices; if either were killed and given in, they'd probably be creamed or the like... if they were captured alive, they'd either be kept as prisoners or executed (and subsequently returned to step one)...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

After the war is over......

Postby Petey970Z » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:01 pm

20 Years after WWII was over National Enquirer and alot of other magazines, TV, Newspapers, Radio indicated Adolph Hitler was alive and well in Argentia and later Elvis was seen in a Cinncinnati McDonalds. Nothing new under the sun as far as I'm concerned. But it rates a good laugh. LOL
Petey sends......
Petey970Z
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:16 pm

Tulatin wrote:Miki Wrote:
They had to resort to guerilla and illegal combat tactics such as dress in civilian clothes, etc...

Yeah, just like the S.A.S and U.S Special forces :)

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby HotshotTrebor » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:18 am

All's not fair in war... there's that little Geneva Convention thingie... :roll:
HotshotTrebor
Green Belt
Green Belt

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War