What Type of Water?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

What type of water to do you prefer?

Filtered bottled (eg Dasani or Aquafina)
20%
Spring (bottled)
27%
Sparkling (bottled)
5%
Tap, thanks
48%

Total votes : 44

Postby evasive » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:25 pm

The quality of the tap water here is better than the stuff that is sold in bottles.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ripshod » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:37 pm

Us British are warned about drinking only bottled water when abroad in warmer countries. If I was to send you a bottle of English tap water and you drank it your body will probably react to it like a poison, the amount of chemicals they add to it over here! :wink:
CALL &BD19 (If you need to ask you don't need to know)
Ripshod
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Tulatin » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:29 pm

Yep we've got the brita's over here, and they work pretty well. As to water quality, you'll never taste anything as good as the stuff from italian springs - not bottled mind you - fresh from the spring
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby don'tknowmuch » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:13 pm

I prefer my tap water. I live on an acreage,have a three hundred ft. well drilled through solid granite.Had my water tested and there is no comparison. I feel lucky in a way,considering growing up in the Toronto area where the water was and still is disgusting in comparison.Living here on Vancouver Island is the best thing I ever did for quality of life,too bad we all can't experience such a beautiful and peaceful place............God bless the Island :lol: ... :wink:
don'tknowmuch
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:55 pm

Just a comparison of you all - at the science center, they have 3 fountains, spring, bottled and tap. Taste the spring - mmm, tasty. Taste the bottled, meh - it's okay. Taste the tap - okay, who peed in the fountain? It's literally that bad sometimes.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby DvDBlazer » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:51 pm

In a populated city, treated water would be best. This wasn't an option in your poll.
DvDBlazer
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby undying fenix » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:34 pm

DvDBlazer wrote:In a populated city, treated water would be best. This wasn't an option in your poll.

That would be considered tap water. That's what I am all for. I can't understand you people who like sparkling water. Egh (sound of disgust).
Hold that thought.
undying fenix
Green Belt
Green Belt

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War