The never-ending battle: Pepsi vs. Coke

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

What would you like with your hot dog?

Pepsi Product
33%
Coca Cola Product
58%
7-Up
5%
RC Cola
5%

Total votes : 43

The never-ending battle: Pepsi vs. Coke

Postby gamepyrate » Wed May 14, 2003 4:41 am

Taking in to account price/performance/market-share/yearly stock dividends/can (or bottle) shape/chance of winning a sweepstakes under the cap/longevity, please state your opinion on which is the better soft drink manufacturer: Pepsi or Coke.

And if you do not like either regular Pepsi or Coca Cola sodas, then you can choose one of Pepsi or Coca Cola's other soft drinks. If you drink, for example, Dr. Pepper, you would vote for Coca Cola because they are the manufacturer of it; if you drink Pepsi One you would vote for Pepsi. . .

I also added two other soft drinks, which nobody drinks I know. -=You know better then that gamepyrate!!=-

edited by Toby B.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Toby B. » Wed May 14, 2003 4:56 am

avid Dr. Pepper drinker here.

in my neck of the woods the same bottler does Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, 7-up, (i believe) aquafina, etc....
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby eric2075 » Wed May 14, 2003 6:30 pm

I voted for Coke but I'm really curious what the other choices were.
AMD XP1700+
MSI K7N2-L
1 512 stick of PC3000
2 512 sticks of PC3200
Spire FalconRock2 HSF
Windows XP
Antec SLK3700AMB w/350w psu
eric2075
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby gamepyrate » Wed May 14, 2003 10:52 pm

Well, actually there wasn't any more choices than the two besides Pepsi and Coke, as everybody knows that cool people only buy Pepsi or Coke products, and nobody is stupid enough to buy the old outdated Arizona Iced Teas or the soft-drink for eccentrics, Fruitopia, or even that poor performing, over-hyped SoBe--or at least they aren't stupid enough to buy them and continue to buy them and admit to it...

I voted for Coke. My favorite soft-drink is Mountain Blast Powerade, and also Fruit Punch Powerade. Powerade, I think, provides the best bang for your buck, just like DatekTrader21's ideal woman. For $1 at the soda machines around here you get a 20 oz. Powerade that will significantly boost available resources of energy and will also cool your rig down.

The shape of the Powerade 20 oz. bottle is perfect for putting in your pocket when you're on the run -- providing unmatched mobility, and it's also extremely easy to hold in your hand because of the ergonomic, user friendly design. The opening is wide and allows for quick and easy access to the fluid and is best used in burst mode -- where you take a quick but BIG gulp, by opening your mouth and tilting the bottle at a 90-135* angle with the cap off for approximately 2.537 seconds, and then quickly returning the bottle to its original position. It takes a great amount of skill to pull this off while you are running, but that doesn't mean it takes a professional to pull off -- the big hole can also be utilized by newbies who prefer the slower method of drinking it in little gulps while tilting the bottle.

Powerade is of course said to be the rip-off Gatorade -- WHATEVA -- all you Intel, err I mean Gatorade users just have to stop buying into Gatorade's brainwashing and confusing products. Powerade is the under-dog and provides the best flavors without compromising daily vitamin value and other things.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby miki02131 » Thu May 15, 2003 10:31 am

I go COKE
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Thu May 15, 2003 4:08 pm

Personally, I said COKE cause I enjoy the whole range of their products - Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Cheery Coke, Vanialla Coke, Dr Pepper. This is pretty much my avid drinking list.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby gamepyrate » Thu May 15, 2003 10:50 pm

Wow, what ever happened to that Generation-X hype crap that Pepsi-Cola was trying? I guess I wasn't wrong in the assumption that most of their sodas are over-rated in advertisements...

Hehe the 1 who voted for RC Cola obviously made a mistake and probably meant to vote for Coca Cola, or the person is just an idiot, or maybe he/she has no taste buds -- because really, who, besides homeless people, buys RC Cola? ... That's what I thought.

And nice post whoring Tulatin you're probably gonna hit 1,000 in the next week. Haven't seen as much post whoring since.....
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby len444 » Thu May 15, 2003 11:56 pm

i found some of the sobe drinks to be excellent during heavy work/ 12-16 hr days during the midnight hour into the am hours (the ones w/ guarana). i found that it was way better than coffee, and goes down smoother than soda (minus the acid, and carbonation). i'd like to see more vitamins and minerals, along w/ the boost as well. i do take a b- complex and vitamin e for nerves and anti- oxidant at that point in the day, as it's during the final work effort before heading home. just enough to keep going, but not too much that i can't go to bed (bark at the moon). if too much, then the next day is shot- which is counter productive. finding the right amount is a delicate balance.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tolemac » Fri May 16, 2003 12:01 am

7-up here.

Nothing better on a hot day, or mixed with your favorite bourbon. :wink:
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Fri May 16, 2003 9:09 am

And nice post whoring Tulatin you're probably gonna hit 1,000 in the next week. Haven't seen as much post whoring since.....

Since you started posting here GP? I post just as much tech knowledge as i do crap (i'm not in the mood recently though)

*Edit* Tried SoBew yesterday reaction = :D :D :D 8O :D :D :D Damn! IT was good. Albeit, i still vote coke...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War