virus

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

lol

Postby SupraDraco » Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:31 pm

I'm sure the store would put a sign on the door, "Attention I have been fined 10,000 for illegal software, please see the store clerk for a free copy of whatever O/S and programs we loaded for you. The Management."

Wasnt it Jan, 1, 2000 when the poo hit the fan on all illegal O/S. I think you had till Feb to call MS and get the proper licences or they could charge you 10,000 per comp right?

Anyway Legally the guys owes you nothing and YOU will get into more trouble then he will if you take him on. Let it go

Oh BTW

welcome to motherboards.org
SupraDraco
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby jlh65791 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:56 pm

i know what i done was illegal (copying windows cd) but where i am at most people live on ssi checks and dont make enought money to pay $100.00 or more for a cd, as for the store that did this to me i called microsoft back one year later after i reported the place that did that and they couldnt even find the report where i called them the first time.
i am not tring to make anyone mad at me on here i was just asking a question and i expected someone to come back and say what everyone has said but not all of them, for this then i am sorry. this part is to the person that keeps telling me to let it go, well this was back in january and now its almost april so i would say that if i was really trying to get even with this guy then i would have done found something by now but im not really tring that hard to find a virus. i got the idea when someone sent my wife a virus and it ate my hard drive and i had to install a new one and the only thing that upset me was all the time that it was going to cost me to replace all those programs. so i would really say that i have done let it go but just remember this when someone does it to you. again im sorry.
this person that i was tring to give the virus is nothing but a bum, all i was tring to do is help him out, and this is how he repays me. he lives next door to my brother in law and he is always over at his house wanting something, and every single day. he is one of these people that will go to a place and charge something and then not pay for it then when you go there to charge something then they wont let you because of him and others like him. he does not have a phone so he cant get on the internet so i wouldnt have hurt anyone but him. im not one to put a virus on the internet or send to others like some people do, all i was tring to do was get even with him. if i have mad any of you mad then again im sorry for what i said and what ever else i did. this is the third time i have asked a question on here and to those that helped me alot and i thank you for this.
most of you people that replied to my message sound like you are in your 20's or about maybe 30 so you are to young to really understand my problem sence i am more than twice your age, all you know is that i did something wrong and that upsets you for some reason. i use to do the same thing you are doing only i helped people with yahoo messenger problems i got pretty good at it too. it got to were i got 20 questions a day so i know how you feel but i just didnt let it get to me like some of you have. all you do here is just try to help others with their problems and not let it get to you because all that will do is just make you mad and its not worth it.
anyway just forget it and again IM SORRY.
jlh65791
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby drastice » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:39 am

lmao are u stuiped when the guy knows u gave him a virus he has evidence and u will be sued 8O and even put into prison
drastice
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:42 am

Ahhh, aren't you guys being a bit too hard on the fella? I'm not saying that I approve of the virus idea, but I can see where he's coming from. As far as, "It's only $25, let it go.", I would imagine that it's not principal, but, principle. Unless you've ever had any dealings with the type of people he says the perpetrator is, it would be hard to understand the feeling of the need to avenge ALL of the other people this guy has screwed over. The desire to put the guy in his place. As long as the perpetrator can do whatever without consequences or confrontation he will continue to do as he pleases.

As for ya'll bashing this fella for making a copy of the OS & giving it to the guy, there are a VERY FEW that has, or will, completely abide by the licensing agreement. "One copy on a single computer", is the most violated right. It's not 1 copy per family or individual, it's "per single computer". Even a PC that is networked to another PC that has the OS on it is not to contain any part of that copy.

Hehehehehe!!! Knowing my luck you guys are probably the only ones in the world that has actually truely stuck to the licensing agreement. Hehehehehe!!!

Seriously though, none of you have ever made a copy for a family member or friend? Or, would you not make a copy to help a close one out in a pinch, just until they can get them another one? Ya'll don't have to answer that publicly, I just wanted to try to get you to think about it. :wink: For those of you that have stuck to the agreement, I highly commend you. 8) :wink:

I am in no way bashing you guys. I just wanted to try to get you to maybe have a little bit of mercy & compassion. :wink:

Where are you, Toby? You might want to move this thing in the "100 Year War" forum before these guys bash ME. Hehehehehehe!!!! :lol: :P :lol: Peace guys! HH :wink:
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Nomad69 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:14 am

While I agree with hillbilly, pretty harsh. I can see where everybody else is coming from. Viruses can be nasty things to deal with. While I would never give any one a virus (Except x-wife, but that was in the form of a time bomb and did no damage). People on this forum are in the business of helping people, so asking them how to damage a computer is like asking some of us to burn a flag (which is unthinkable). But jlh5791 IMO an open forum that is dedicated to helping people with problems and offering solutions is a bad place to ask this type of question. If you are dead set on "getting even" then type that in to a search engine and you will find a few sights that will give you ideas. Now thats just my 2 cents worth so I'll duck and run for cover so when you all start throwing stone at me it won't hurt as bad. LOL
ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9
C2D 6400
GateWatch-Aerocool
XMS PC800 2gb
2 X 250gb Seagate /Raid0
1900XT
Audigy X-Fi
Nomad69
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:20 am

Agree to all. Especially the "duck & run". :lol: :P :lol: :wink:
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby redeye53 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:49 am

Hillbilly...I goyya agree with you....And I got my FLAK vest on :lol:
redeye53
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby jimmy-j » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:25 am

definitly 100 year issue(no comment) too many pros and cons in this methinks
jimmy-j
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:27 am

Chicken! :lol: :P :lol: :wink:
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby jimmy-j » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:34 am

no way just in the wrong place for theese issues you said so yourself besides i want some help on my own problems not give problems to others :)
jimmy-j
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War