Will AMD Ever Catch Up????

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby orion9727 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:28 pm

i hear that new amd cpu is a real barrel burner-kicked the crap out of the 3.06,but then the 2.8 p4 is faster in somethings,it all come down to how the cpu favors the test!throw enough numbers in the air and you can make whatever you want of them!i would watch out for nvidia cpu and if ibm ever markets there copper prosces chip.
orion9727
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby orion9727 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:40 pm

on ht in games it runs slower i hear,all ht is ,is a dual chip like a xeon ,ever see them on non server machines,by the way games and older progams hate ht,thats why they non daul servers.ht been around a long time,super computers use it ,thousands of cpu linked rather than networked,its not new thats for sure,i seen problems on workstations with it,code problems and such.the people it will benifit will be the reg people who keep a bunch of thing running in the background because they dont know any better.when are you gonna game and burn mp3 at the same time .ht is just an intel marketing ploy,and its working.
orion9727
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby gaviota » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:48 am

Vyrux wrote:If I compared a Ferrari and a Porsche Turbo, yet handicapped the Porsche by disabling its turbo, would anyone take my review and its conclusion seriously?

What I critique here is the reviewer's methodology of the comparison. HT is part of the Intel P4 3.06 GHz processor, part of its price, part of its performance just as the turbo is part of that Porsche. HT should not be disabled. Intel sells "P4 3.06 HT" but no "P4 3.06". In my opinion, disabling HT invalidates the comparison.

I agree 100% with Vyrux's point.
It's not important to know all the answers, as long as you know how to contact someone who does.
gaviota
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:20 pm

I hear that enabling hyperthreading could lead to cancer, sterility, and mostly violent spontaneous reproduction.

8O

Just what I hear... 8)
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby datektrader21 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:25 am

lay off the acid johnny :lol: :lol:
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War