How many girls are in here?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby SeMag » Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:52 am

Isn't this post getting out of hand ??

The question wsas simple, how many girls are in here, and now
we are attacking each other.

I believe (as we all) that everybody has the right to express their
opinions and thats it, no personal attacks or angry repplies, we should
stop this before we loose some friends.

SeMag
Welcome to Tijuana..
Tequila, Sexo y Mariguana..

Welcome to Tijuana
Con el Coyote no hay Aduana...

Manu Chau.

Songs to be proud of......
SeMag
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Aussie » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:47 am

everybody has the right to express their opinions

Undeniably, but nobody has the right to discount somebody else's opinion without presenting substantial supporting evidence.

In this case somebody with three years personal experience in an industry expressed an opinion on aspects of that industry which was then discounted as being inaccurate by another poster with the only supporting evidence being heresay.

I asked for an explanation of the logic used to arrive at this conclusion.

My post was not made as a personal attack but in an effort to maintain a continuance of reasoned debate.

It is unfortunate that the poster concerned was unable to respond with reason and instead resorted to what some might consider to be a personal attack.

It's like water off a ducks back to me anyhow but it is disappointing to see the debate become stifled by this incident.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:50 am

I've been to strip joints a little more than a few times, but not very often, mostly when I was about 17-18. I had/have friends that used to go all the time. I see no point in it. While my friends were out wasting there $ looking at & lusting after something they weren't gonna get I was enjoying the 1 on 1 conversation & dance, where touching, (respectable touching), was allowed.

Johnny said;
...once you judge others you yourself are judged (and I'm not religious, heh).

8O An atheist, qouting Biblical Scripture, in a positive manner? You go Johnny! :wink: All Right!!! :wink:

...any man who says they would not enjoy watching girls dance and strip has issues.

For me, it's called moral issues, now. But back when I was living a different lifestyle it was preference, (for loss of a better word), taste issue for me as well. I did not enjoy watching them. It did not satisfy my male, mental or sexual drive. Maybe I just didn't/don't like to be teased, knowing that all she's gonna do is, (please pardon me ladies), shake it at me. She's not gonna give it to me, she just wants to shake it at me. I fail to see the joy in that.

Aussie said;
You know it always amazes me valour how you always assume that your opinion/information is always the proper/correct information and everybody elses opinion/information is way off base.

Aussie, you obviously missed or purposely left out some key words in Valour's post. I'm not trying to take up for Valour, I just want to see fairness/justice.

uniquemale69
Quote:
I worked as a Bartender in a exotic dance club for three years

Aussie;
So here's a person that has worked in the industry for three years telling it the way he sees it based on that firsthand experience.

Valour
Quote:
I've known a few strippers who told me about their jobs

Aussie;
Here you quote anecdotal evidence only in support of your opinion that the figures uniquemale69 quoted are "not close to accurate".

So what you've been told by "a few strippers" completely discounts the opinion of somebody that has three years first hand experience in the industry?

Aussie, why did you leave off the rest of the sentence/sentences in your quote of Valour? Was it a mistake or did you do it on purpose to try to make Valour look bad? I'm not assuming, I'm asking.

Valour;
I've known a few strippers who told me about their jobs, and the figures you published above are not close to accurate for most strip clubs. There are the small percentage of upscale places and then there are the majority of places.

I'm not discounting uniquemale's credibility or figures, I've got a couple of friends that either have worked, or still work, in strip joints and they have told me that some of the strippers in the highclass(?) joints can make really good money on a good night. But the % of highclass(?) joints is pretty small.

Aussie;
So what you've been told by "a few strippers" completely discounts the opinion of somebody that has three years first hand experience in the industry?

Here you have 'a few strippers', not one, but 2 or 3, that, for all we know, may have worked in the ups & the downs of the strip joints for who knows how long. But mostly, Valour's statements did not discount uniquemale's.

webster said;
Why is stripping cheapening yourself? If one read the Bible you would find Adam and Eve unashamedly walked around naked. It was only after they had committed sin that they covered up.

You're barking up the wrong tree there webster. Adam & Eve were not strippers. They were alone in the Garden of Eden. And the meaning of them covering their bodies is much deeper than the physical aspect. I can't seem to find the Scripture where it talks of Eve stripping for the Cananites, or anybody. But you might want to check out the stories of Sodom & Gomorah. :wink: Maybe one should read more of the Bible. :wink:
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby eric2075 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:00 am

The Hundred Year War.
eric2075
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Toby B. » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:32 am

eric2075 wrote:The Hundred Year War.
I agree.......Consider it moved....

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Twisty » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:46 am

Happy Hillbilly wrote:Better yet! What makes you think that I think you are?!!! 8O

As you indicated that we had scared off all the women.

Happy Hillbilly wrote:You're barking up the wrong tree there webster. Adam & Eve were not strippers. They were alone in the Garden of Eden. And the meaning of them covering their bodies is much deeper than the physical aspect. I can't seem to find the Scripture where it talks of Eve stripping for the Cananites, or anybody. But you might want to check out the stories of Sodom & Gomorah. Maybe one should read more of the Bible.

Bah, you will be saying the forbidden fruit is symbolic next ;)

Seriously though I think our obsession with covering up our body is because of the culture we are brought up in and not inbuilt in nature. Look at pictures of people in cultures touched little by western society and you will find many of them wear little clothing.

Anyway this is besides the point. People see strippers for sexual gratification on some level. However the people that are REALLY against it are people that associate stripping with sex rather than with having a good time.

For the record I do not frequent strip joints BTW.
I have now left the Building :tongue8:
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Aussie is right.

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:47 am

Expressing an opinion is a right shared by all, but a third person account will never overrule a first person account. I think someone is being a little close minded, and well, arrogant as usual.
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Nomad69 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:20 am

Hey I like cheap, sleazy, easy women, atleast you know what there all about. Hay haz any1 seen my bong it was gest here. :arrow: :arrow: :roll:
ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9
C2D 6400
GateWatch-Aerocool
XMS PC800 2gb
2 X 250gb Seagate /Raid0
1900XT
Audigy X-Fi
Nomad69
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Nomad69 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:35 am

Ok Im back I found it [flick, gurgle gurgle, deep inhale, cough cough, wipe spit off of screen, big exhale] what were we posting about ooooo yea, giving girls money to take off there clothes!!! Seems like a good way to make money to me. By the way did I say that I was cheap, sleazy, and eazy. Big smile :? :roll:

P.S. just joking just tring to lighten everything up. Its a proven fact that being overly serious can lead to hair growing on the bottom of your feet :) :)
ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9
C2D 6400
GateWatch-Aerocool
XMS PC800 2gb
2 X 250gb Seagate /Raid0
1900XT
Audigy X-Fi
Nomad69
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby useless comment » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:22 am

I wonder what the hell christian mythology has to do with how many girls there are in here.

The bible: enh...some good stories but nothing to kneel and be humble about. I give it a 3 out of 5 gold cows. It loses a cow for lack of originality. And another for the crusades.
useless comment
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War