The UK has voted - Leave the European Union...

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

The UK has voted - Leave the European Union...

Postby Mr T » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:38 am

For those interested in world politics, our litle island, The United Kingdom has had a referendum and voted to leave the European Union... Interesting times ahead, need a political party with balls and a hell of a strong leader!
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Re: The UK has voted - Leave the European Union...

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:00 pm

May have been a vote of better for all concerned, or a more dire economic status. Time will tell.
Some partner nations were in a debt crisis, and others had to sustain them.
Naturally, the stock markets "tanked" a bit at the news.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:56 am

..and the euro as well. The real kicker, hours after the vote people started googling what the eu was about. Next kicker: the regions that relied the most on european subsidary were the same regions with the highest " leave" vote percentages... oh well
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:23 am

The Uk was never in the euro.. Everyone I know where very savvy on what the EU does and did, some voted to stay and some voted to leave, either way, good bad, who knows whats going to happen in the future...
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Roach412 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:00 am

Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby c327 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:03 am

You know the UK dropping out of the EU is a perfect example of what I have been thinking about here in the USA. It just goes to show you how stupid people can be by not thinking very hard about what they do and what the results could be which could be either good or bad for them.

For me I am sick and tired of the people that get elected and after getting elected forget that they have a damn job to do for the people. All they seem to be concerned with is their own ass. I think many of us have had it with government and the way our countries are being run. With me I have made up my mind I am voting for Trump no matter what because I see no future in the way the USA is going. But like in America I think those in the UK have had it also but probably all to many don't know why they voted the way they did ?????

I hope all works out for the better for you folks. Probably will be a rocky road for a while.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:47 am

Very much like America, there is a north/south divide which equates to a rich/poor divide and that is basically how the voting went. The rich south (ahem LONDON) voted to stay in, as did Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. The vast majority of England voted out. Why you may ask? Well, people are really beginning to notice the overcrowding. The UK is not a big country, California is bigger as a state than the whole of the UK. The problem starts with trying to get a Doctors appointment, trying to get a hospital appointment, try getting your kid into a local school, try driving around - gridlocked roads, jobs are scarce - yet millions of unskilled labour has come in from europe and takes all these places which someone has to pay for - who can blame them, I don't. The minimum wage is 10 x what it it is in some european states, benefits are more generous, we have TAX credits that tops up low income and other such benefits. Our hands were tied with trade deals, our sovereign waters were opened up to all asunder (try fishing off Spain or France and you soon know about it if you are foreign). Gibralter voted to remain a British Protectorate, yet Spanish vessels continually harrass Gibraltarians and UK vessels and flout International boundaries. the land border from Spain to Gibralter and back is a nightmare to cross and yest they say we are all one.

The issues went on and on and you can see why the voting population wanted out, a lot of elderly still remeber WWII and are amazed of the concessions to being British, a thing they fought and died for, were being handed away by successive weak governments.

I could rant on and sound very right wing - I am NOT. I love the UK, I love what it stands for and what it does. I cannot blame people coming here for a better life. I love the free at the point of entry health care (which no other country does). I just watched it all being eroded away by our elected leaders, who corruption scandal after corruption scandal where so arrogant and officious... RANT, rant ....rant....off!
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby olly » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:38 am

Spare a thought for me Mr T. A brit living in Finland with permanent residency based on the UK being in the EU. I wasn't even allowed to vote :D
olly
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Mr T » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:07 am

olly wrote:Spare a thought for me Mr T. A brit living in Finland with permanent residency based on the UK being in the EU. I wasn't even allowed to vote :D
I had the same issue, a Scot living in England, could not vote in our own referendum on Scottish independence... :D The thing is now though it is all done, and its time to move on and see what happens... The next big thing is going to be the US Presidential race.. Trump or Hilary C?....
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Mr T wrote:The thing is now though it is all done, and its time to move on and see what happens... The next big thing is going to be the US Presidential race.. Trump or Hilary C?....

Sometimes, what seems an unfavorable vote could become a blessing. Hope that is true for the UK.

Good you are not deluged by the news tidbits about the "presumed" Presidential candidates here. Mr Trump is getting more feet in his mouth than if one ate a centipede! Ms. Clinton is still harassed by her Email 'miscarriage'.
And now two probable independent candidates have announced their intentions!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War