Gun Control

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Gun Control

Postby bdub » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 am

"So what have the Australian laws actually done for homicide and suicide rates? Howard cites a study (pdf) by Andrew Leigh of Australian National University and Christine Neill of Wilfrid Laurier University finding that the firearm homicide rate fell by 59 percent, and the firearm suicide rate fell by 65 percent, in the decade after the law was introduced, without a parallel increase in non-firearm homicides and suicides. That provides strong circumstantial evidence for the law's effectiveness."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... -australia

huh?

I'd argue that Australia was not just as in love with guns as the USA, but even more so, considering their history and cultural make up.

and my intention is not to take all guns and ban them... but there needs to be something better than what we do now. don't pigeon hole it all on drug dealers in ghetto's... there's plenty of other deaths going on in plenty of other places... like the kid that pulled the handgun out of her mom's purse in walmart and shot the mom. they prolly won't say it's homicide, accidents aren't registered that way.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Re: Gun Control

Postby BrevCampagnolo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:48 am

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
-- Campy

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
BrevCampagnolo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree