Chicken Processing..

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Chicken Processing..

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:44 am

Some recent news about sending chickens grown here to China for processing.. then sent back for consumption.
FDA Chicken export/import
I have no disrespect for the Chinese people or their nation.. or any other. But with millions of Americans jobless, why outsource jobs elsewhere? And the transit may take more than two weeks.. with many chances for the product to be infected with deadly bacteria, or foreign ingredients added to the product. Well known fact that some foreign outfits don't adhere to strict food safety rules.
All for the sake of a profit margin by some companies!
The Boston Tea Party was an historic event. Perhaps we need a new type of revolt against sending American jobs overseas, and importing items that could be produced here!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:04 am

Not the first time, not the last time. We're seeing the same thing with the alberta oil sands up here

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Ca ... China.html
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: Chicken Processing..

Postby c327 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:43 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Some recent news about sending chickens grown here to China for processing.. then sent back for consumption.
FDA Chicken export/import
I have no disrespect for the Chinese people or their nation.. or any other. But with millions of Americans jobless, why outsource jobs elsewhere? And the transit may take more than two weeks.. with many chances for the product to be infected with deadly bacteria, or foreign ingredients added to the product. Well known fact that some foreign outfits don't adhere to strict food safety rules.
All for the sake of a profit margin by some companies!
The Boston Tea Party was an historic event. Perhaps we need a new type of revolt against sending American jobs overseas, and importing items that could be produced here!

It's called greed for the all mighty buck and hooray for me and the screw everybody else mentality. I am afraid that it will take a major catastrophe involving the worlds environment, and/or our political and financial system before anything is solved to the good.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War