Obama Care

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Obama Care

Postby Mark H » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:00 am

Just received notice from my employer the "Employer Mandate" will be passed along to insured employees. Not all employees in my company are eligible for insurance, as we are a self insured company, with the plan administered by a well known company. The cost to me is only $1.21 per bi-weekly check. (for now)

And so it begins.........
I have a photographic memory, only problem is, I ran out of film.
Mark H
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Roach412 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 am

my trek began last year when they pre-emptively made changes to our coverage in order to soften the shock of the changes coming. multiple benefits removed or scaled back in order to not be considered a cadillac policy...and therefore subject to fines(tax?).

it can only get better, right? :roll:

also a self-insured company, administered by well-known company.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Mark H » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:01 am

What remains to be seen, how will the insurance pools differ from what we now have through our employers. Same deductibles, same out of pocket expense, limitations?
I have a photographic memory, only problem is, I ran out of film.
Mark H
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Roach412 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:41 am

from what i've been seeing, most of these pools are going to have so many "undesireables" in it, that the pricing will have to be high. it's just the fact of the matter that people that are not currently insured are typically not so for a reason.

i'm no expert in the matter - but, from my perspective it's a piece of crap. i'm being punished because i made myself marketable to high-value employers with good benefits. now, my good benefits (that i attained through my efforts) are being stripped down because they're "too good" and aren't "fair" to compare to the pools/exchanges. apparently it's more fair to reduce my efforts to acceptable levels, than to ask others to put in work to better themselves for better rewards(i.e. benefits).

</soapbox>
-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:11 am

Canada enacted a Health Care System that was intended to have anyone eligible covered by some sort of medical insurance. It is also referred to as a "Medicare" platform. So far, it is working.. but with problems.
Our government is trying a 'copycat' process. But the process must be thought through completely, before enactment.. or many people will be pushed to the brink of bankruptcy because of it.
Our Federal payroll taxes have, for years, mandated a small stipend be put aside for worker's compensation. That process does work well.
But to have "one" medical insurance policy for everyone will definitely be a boondoggle.
But look at the real side of life. The price of food, clothing, whatever.. is rising weekly or daily. So too the cost of insurance, due to those who do not have or cannot afford the coverage. But do our wages?
A normal visit to a doctor's office can cost around $175.00 USD or so. A day in a hospital ward can cost in excess of $1,000.00! Does everyone have coverage for that? We who do, pay for those who don't.
Something must be done to equalize the imbalance.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tramontane » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:24 am

i recently paid a visit to have a blood panel and urine test for yearly check up. the charge started at 750 or so the insurance co that admins our self funded [the company] was able to get a 500 reduction. and my cost was 95$. i weekly pay about 100 toward my health care costs [insurance]. so i am self rationing my medical care but still paying through the nose. before and after. i asked if i walked off the street no insurance did they really expect me to pay 750 for blood tests? well maybe i could negotiate a 30%cut no more. I know that most of the work is automated. it cannot cost THAT much to do blood work. the lawyers and insurance racket is getting all the perks from obama care and we are getting none of the benefits we were promised. only the lazy poor and the filthy rich are in any position to benefit from the current situation. Its time to rebel against the two party system and vote for the other guy instead of whomever the dems and republicans offer, i have always asserted that the republicans and democrats are just two sides of the same coin. we should self impose term limits on our political leaders. one term and one term only. it is time to split up the two parties into several each so that government must work together to reach consensus.
Tramontane
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby c327 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:47 am

Obama Care ??? is that what its called ?? Obama is all about taking from the haves and giving it to the have nots and that includes health care. The man is just plain not experienced enough to hold any executive position period. Putin is now said to be the most powerful person in the world, thats saying someting..........no ?????

The huge cost of health care is driven by incompetent legislators, crooked insurers and front line health providers and suppliers and who pays the freight for it all............us all.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War