Guns, Freedom, Money & Change

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Guns, Freedom, Money & Change

Postby Spark » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 am

Some change ??????????? But then I didn't vote for him, but still stuck with what I got. Do you have any concept of what kind of damage this President can and will do to us over the next 3 1/2 years ?????

The bail out money wasn't for us slobs the tax payers or jobs, it was for big banks and investment company's, the sleaze bags of the earth who gave out loans to folks that shouldn't have gotten them. It was for greedy Detroit and the horrible defect prone cars and trucks that they produce and the fat unions that took the companies to their knees.

The banks we bailed out are still paying their chief executives big bonuses and flip us the Brooklyn Salute while doing it. My God 3 1/2 more years of this.......

Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:08 am

Responding to this is difficult, so many directions that one could go - so I pick humor:

George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to hell. While there, they spy a red phone and ask what the phone is for. The devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth. Putin asks to call Russia and talks for 5 minutes. When he was finished the devil informs him that the cost is a million dollars, so Putin writes him a check.

Next Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes. When she was finished the devil informs her that cost is 6 million dollars, so Queen Elizabeth writes him a check.

Finally George Bush gets his turn and talks for 4 hours. When he was finished the devil informed him that there would be no charge for the call and feel free to call the USA anytime.

When Putin hears this he goes ballistic and asks the devil why Bush got to call the USA free. The devil replied, "Since Obama became president of the USA, the country has gone to hell, so naturally it's a local call."

:diabloanifire:
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby cw4cam » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A pessimist sees a problem with an opportunity. an optimist sees an opportunity with a problem."
Winston Churchill

Civilization is invaded by barbarians every generation. (author unknown)
cw4cam
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:17 am

I'm optimistic about this opportunity:

Eligibility issue goes 'mainstream'
Exclusive: Joseph Farah emphatically declares,'Day of reckoning coming for President Obama'
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=118176

After all The Pres can only be a part of the issue, there's also the Media...
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Ya know, you bring up a good point.

Although our politicians, etc. make glutious maximi out of themselves, the media is not innocent itself. The saddest thing is that so many Americans seem to believe that the US media is all out for our benefit. The truth is that the US media operates for their, the US medias', benefit and not the average american citizens. The sooner people start to recognize this, the better. The US media could not care less how it affects the average american citizen, all that matters to them is the dollar sign.

Someday, people will start to realize this...problem is, it is going to take a dramatic sequence to get people to realize this.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 am

Some of us already do. The media died a long, long time ago, all that's left is a bunch of big paychecks, excuses for new, fancy cameras, and minimal education. Nobody bothers to actually research anymore, there is no doublechecking of facts, and even the first year college intern doing basic spell-checking is optional. Case in point, Geraldo's live coverage of the current war. Absoulte travesty. Everybody that deserves the name "journalist" died years ago, or gave up when their writing wasn't sensational enough for Rupert's juggernaut.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to The Hundred Year War